One At A Time

Let us continue on our journey through my lit week.

THURSDAY, 24 NOVEMBER
We stopped driving at about 6 in the morning and we slept in the van for a little before Fajr time. We'd parked at a nearby masjid, where we were supposed to meet up with my mom's friend's husband. Well, after Fajr we met up with him and we went to his house to relax, take showers, while the wife prepared breakfast for us.

I was feeling so depressed and annoyed throughout because of a new pimple on top of my lip. I'd peeled it earlier and now it wouldn't stop bleeding. And it made me look super ugly, too. I was like, crap, I can't carry on with this ugly face. But hey, there was no way out. ALSO, I woke up to find my hoodie zipper broken somehow. I couldn't think of one way it could be broken. Heck, I was sleeping the whole time! Had I been attacked somehow in my sleep hence leaving my zipper to be ripped off? Good thing is, it kinda still works. Just a little more complicated to zip up the darn thing. *goes into elder mode* this is how it was before y'all kids had them darn technologies. we zipped our zippers without the zipping thing. you kids have everything so easy now. 

Anyway, first thing we did was take showers in the house. When it was my turn, I took a little too long because my outfits are really complicated and plus I'm a girl so my showers are kinda long especially since I'd just gotten my face all smushed and squished from a van ride. AND I had a bunch of ugly pimples and acne all over my face.

Anyway, when I came out of the shower, my siblings were all gone and I was told that they had gone outside to explore and look at the bay. So I quickly walked outside to find them and we took a few aesthetic photos, which I'll attach when my timing is convenient. Then we decided to go back inside and check if the food was ready. Part of it was, so we munched on some delicious fatayer and ate biscuits with onion and chive cream cheese. The breakfast was so good, I can't even go into all the details because it was kinda last week.

But anyway, we finally left on a two-hour drive to South Padre Island. We checked into our motel and then we went straight to the dock where they had a dolphin cruise ship ride. We waited about fifteen minutes and then we finally went on. We all immediately took seats up top. The breeze was amazing. And it was glorious when we finally set off. The sun was burning hot but I had my sun hat with me. I was so happy that the weather was warm enough to feel like an afternoon in July (which, by the way, is my favorite time of the year) and I was so happy to be out of cold old Dallas, which was in the fifties. The rocking of the boat was a little sickening, but more of relaxing to me. I loved the feeling of being swayed back and forth. And we got to see dolphins jumping out of the water! Sometimes we were so close to them that they swum right beside the boat!

And finally, the lovely cruise ended. We drove back to our motel and went to the beach. It was amazing. I've never seen such a beach before. It was actually clean. I didn't see any trash at all. And the water against the sky.....it was BEAUTIFUL.

I was a little unsure at first about getting my clothes wet because I was wearing jeans. Not ideal water attire, innit? But I ended up falling in the water (just because I am that clumsy) and just getting wet for the fun of it. I've discovered this thing about myself. I absolutely LOVE water. Looking at it, painting it, playing with it...everything except drinking it! LOL. I mean, water is tasty but I'm not too crazy about it. My sister is, though. She has this canteen which she fills with water and I tease her about it calling it her daily vodka.

Anyway, we tried to get some cool beach pictures and then we played Frisbee until Maghrib time came in. We prayed on the beach and then headed back to our motel where we all showered and chilled in bed. And that was the end to day 1 of vacation. See you in the next post!

Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts