I'm In Shock.

Literally.

What the hell, America.

Why did you do this?

Okay, I've been in a state of shock this whole morning and I haven't been able to focus on anything. I felt self-conscious as I walked through the halls of school today. And as I sat down at my usual place to wait for the classroom to open, I noticed that my classmates, my friends, didn't acknowledge me. Then again, I didn't meet their gazes, but my self-consciousness was overtaking me. I kept worrying, "Will they think differently of me now?"

At 7:40 I began to feel somewhat concerned because the professor usually comes and opens the classroom around this time, but he hadn't arrived yet. I walked to the door and started waiting. Then the girl who sits next to me, Nat, came over to me. I expressed to her my concerns for the professor not arriving yet.

"Yeah, maybe he didn't feel like coming today," she said.
"Yeah, probably because of the elections," I said.
She scoffed and we began to talk about the elections and how annoyed we were about it. She said the Mexicans voted for Trump, and she was annoyed about that because she is half Mexican and half Puerto Rican, and also because Trump doesn't even like Mexicans. At one point in our conversation, this black guy (I feel as though exposing his nationality is necessary in this context) walked by us. He stared at me for a moment, probably at my hijab, and then asked me, "How are you feeling about this?" referring to the election.

"Horrible," I responded.
He threw his arms into the air in agreement and continued on his way, and Nat and I continued to talk. Finally, the professor arrived and I crowded around him with Nat and a couple of other classmates. Nat said something about moving to Canada and I said, "I'll come with you."

"Yeah, come with me," she said. (Nat has a you-do-you attitude. Love it lol)

We started off class by making warm-up sentences using random words from a word cloud. My sentence was, "Writers typically create false characters." The teacher was silent for a moment until I looked back up at him. He seemed surprised that my sentence was so short and then he laughed. "Alright! Straight to the point."

Everyone else's sentences were lengthy and so much better than mine. To be honest, I really wanted to compose a sentence relevant to my thoughts on the election, but none of the words in the word cloud were fitting. So I went with the next best thing: writing!

That was probably my only moment of happiness during class. Throughout the rest of it, while the teacher was telling us about our next assignment, I just could not focus. I was still affected from my shock about the new president of America. Finally, class was over. As I walked out of the door, I genuinely wanted to thank my classmates, my friends, for still acting normal towards me after the elections.

I went to the library and tried to add on to my novel, but I still couldn't focus. I was getting so distracted that I couldn't focus on the novel, and I ended up writing like one sentence. Then, I couldn't take it anymore. I had to rant. Rant I did, on a Facebook post. Here it is.

So, yeah. I left the library at 10:40 and walked towards my geology classroom. ACTUALLY before I did that I went to the bathroom and kinda fixed myself up because I was looking like an un-hot mess. Then I walked towards my geology classroom. I didn't go in though, because sometimes when you go in the classroom too early, the prof is still in there teaching his earlier class. So I stayed outside and decided to wait until it was 11:00 sharp. No, actually I don't know what my plan was. But then my classmate R came along and asked if we could go in yet. "I don't know, actually," I told him. "I just got here."

"Oh, okay. I'll go check."

I packed up my iPad and walked towards the door as well. And just as I reached there, I saw R on the verge of walking back towards me. We both walked into the classroom and then I asked him, "What do you think about the presidential elections?"

"Oh," he said. We began to talk about it, just the way I did with Nat. Then R told me that Trump was going to talk to Obama in January about transferring into the White House. My reaction was "meh" and then he changed the subject. I forgot to what, though.

Anyway, we had class, and we watched a video about Pangaea, tectonic plates, faults, volcanoes, and mountains, and I was falling asleep. It doesn't help that Prof turns off the light during videos. It makes me all the more sleepy.

Anyway, during our break time, I just fixed myself up in the bathroom ACTUALLY NO I went to Student Life to pray Dhuhr and then I went to the bathroom and then I walked back into the classroom. We had a very difficult lab, but I copied my answers from the teacher's paper (we were allowed to do so) and then my friend MY left, and I waited in the classroom for R to pack up. Remember I asked him if we could have a study session? Yeah, well, I left the classroom first but then he was right behind me. First he went to the bathroom and then we went to the library to get a study room. We discussed stuff for a while and it was all very overwhelming because we didn't even know what we didn't know. Then around 3:00 PM, we packed up and left. R was going to take the test immediately to get it out of the way.

I sat outside the library because the weather was being nice. All of a sudden it started to get really hot. The sun was ACTUALLY SHINING. After all this rain. Something nice to see after this Trump nonsense.

Momma picked me up and we went to the library. I brought my ID and voting ballot with me so I could renew my card because it's been like a month since it expired. Or two months? Can't recall. Stupid me didn't think of bringing my library card for some reason, but my card was renewed and all was well. Woohoo!

Then we came home and I lazed about.

Am I still in shock? Slightly, yes. But I have until January. We'll see what happens.

Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts