Hallothanksmas

You know those memes that say people prepare for Christmas right after Halloween? I don't even celebrate those holidays but this annoys me. Why do you forget about Thanksgiving?

It has occurred to me that people are only genuinely excited about Halloween and Christmas, and tend to forget about Thanksgiving. That says a lot about people. They only look forward to getting loads of candy and receiving tons of gifts. But they don't look forward to being thankful for what they have.

I was at Walmart a couple of weeks ago, and Christmas decorations were already up. I recall saying, "They should be preparing for Thanksgiving, if anything." And yes, they should be! Heck, there was even a guy dressed as Santa and a nun!

If you realize the weight of this, you'll see that people these days, more specifically this generation, look forward only to receiving and not being thankful. That's awful.

It's just so disappointing. I can't even express my thoughts on this matter.

Anyway, let me transition to my own life. English class was cancelled this morning because our teacher caught a virus from his children. So now I have three whole hours until my next class. And I'm going to use these hours to write my book.

I am SO HAPPY because today's geology class session was only 40 minutes long (30 minutes less than usual)!!! I've mentioned several times before that I like my geology class but it's much more difficult for me than my English (obviously!) and all we do is a bunch of tests that don't even broaden my knowledge. Well, at least we're almost done with the semester! I can't believe it.

I just finished taking (RE-taking) our second lecture test. I'm so afraid I didn't do well (AGAIN) but hey, he said he would keep the higher grade. I feel like I did somewhat better this time, so I'll probably get something higher than a 54. Please oh please oh please. C'mon, I prayed during Dhuhr that I would do well on the test, and then I ate a peanut butter sandwich, and then I did a quick test review. I have to ace this test (well I'm not confident I will ace it, but possibly pass it).

Anyway... lemme just say, I have soooo much fun editing my friends' homework papers. Seriously. It's just so satisfying to cross out poor word choices and sentences and filling them in with stronger options. Thanks to my friend Momo, or as she calls herself "Mo-mo" for thrusting all her English homework at me for me to look over. I said that as if it was a bad thing but in reality I appreciate the fact that Momo is actually aware of the fact that writing is my strong point, therefore turning to me every time she needs help on a paper. No one else really realizes that I'm good at writing, and even if they do, they don't think much of it. Shoutout to Momo! <3

Today was a great day. Limited amount of people time. What a very strange day. Cancelled class, short class.

Oh, also, the time passes SOOOO quickly! I can't believe it takes me a literal HOUR to take one short 40 question test. I literally told Momo right before I took the test "Wish me luck [insert sobbing emoji]" and then when I got out of the test, HANGOUTS SAID I SENT IT 54 MINUTES AGO LIKE WHAT DA HELL IT DIDN'T SEEM LIKE THAT LONG. Anyway that's a reminder for y'all cutiepies to make the most of your time.

I see a guy eating an apple and I thought we aren't allowed to eat in the library. Oh well, you do you, guy. Yeah you go rebel and break those rules!

I brought a banana, a peanut butter sandwich, and a granola bar with me today. And thanks to the end of Daylight Savings Time, I get more time in the mornings to do what I want, like sleep for a few more minutes, make me some breakfast, and even shower if I want to. Today I had the chance to make myself some noodles (from the packet) and they managed to cool quickly and I finished them wayyyy before I had to leave. Woohoo!

Anyway, I ate the granola bar in geology class, and then I ate the sandwich after I prayed. So now all I have left is a banana. I'll probably eat it when I'm on the way home.

People say that writing about little things like that^ is considered useless and unnecessary, but, my dears, that is what makes my blog posts and my life all the more interesting! I told my mom once, "All my friends read my blog posts and they say 'Your life is so interesting!' but my life is actually just normal so I don't know what they're talking about." And my mom said, "Yeah but it's the way you write it that makes it more interesting." And, of course, she's right. So, haters, (y'all prolly know who you are. get used to being called a hater now lmao) don't beach on the way I write my posts and their content. *sassy finger snaps*

Anyway, I have a story to write. Hasta la vista!

If every post in my blog was to be copied and pasted into a word cloud generator, the most prominent word would definitely be "Anyway."

Anyway, bye.

Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts