Uneventful

What an uneventful week. That's why I haven't been posting. I don't really have anything to say. But that doesn't necessarily mean anything bad has happened. I'm just bored and I don't go out to find adventure lol.

That's because I stay at home... WRITING!!!

It's fun. Call me boring but it is only the writer who finds the good in the littlest things.

I'm gonna break it to y'all now. I'm writing my first legit Muslim romance story. And before you ask, no, it is not a halal love story where they get married at the end. Nah, mine is more of a casual "young love" story. My main characters are 13 and 14. That's when things start happening, isn't it? I mean, I for one "fell in love" at 10. And I've had a crush on that same person until today LOL. I'm eighteen now. What the heck.

Anyway, back to my book. I started writing it October 14. Then November came along and I thought, "Hmm, I'll use this for National Novel Writing Month, because nothing has even happened yet in the story. I'll bet I can get it done in one month."

Writing my first book with my co-writer and online friend Nur has apparently motivated me to continue to write more books over the course of one month. It really works if you're dedicated and you add a little to the book everyday, and the most important thing is to set goals for yourself. I told myself "Write a chapter everyday" "Just add a little as long as you write something" "Just a page would be enough." And it really works. I've gotten myself more involved in the plot, and the most chapters I can write a day is three (working on breaking that record! :D) It may just be due to the fact that romance stories are always intriguing, but this time I actually have a set plot for a story. Never before have I had set plots for legit stories (legit meaning publicity quality, by my personal definition).

Anyway, that's all I will say today. I have a big day tomorrow.


Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts