Why Do I Bother

I lack creativity for blog post titles.

I'm going to rant about something that I wanted to post last night but had no time to do so. Okay? BEEE PREEPAAAAARED (TLK reference)

One thing I hate most, guys, one thing I hate most... okay let me be completely honest. I HATE IT when people disregard any favor I've ever done for them and when suddenly I do something wrong, they lash out at me. For example, when I came home yesterday, there were three hijabs, unfolded, on my sister's bed, right? And I left them alone because I was too tired to do anything about them. And then, a few hours later, after she came home and I napped and everything, she got mad at me for just leaving the hijabs on her bed. "You were here most of the day, so do something about them!"

What I really wanted to say: Yeah? Well if you have a problem with it, then get them off by yourself!
What I actually said: [nothing]


I said nothing because I knew that arguing with her would be pointless. Here's what would have happened if I'd said what I wanted to say.

Me: Yeah? Well if you have a problem with it, then get them off by yourself!
Her: Well, you were here all day! I just came home! It's not like you have work to do or anything!
Me: You came home while I was napping! You think I have energy to handle stuff that isn't in my way?
Her: I stay out for a longer time than you! You don't have a right to be tired!
Me: Yeah, well, if they were on my bed instead, I wouldn't just go and complain to you for letting them stay there!
Her: Yeah, because you don't care about your stuff being messy!

Arguing with her is pointless because she always thinks she is right no matter what. I, on the other hand, hate arguing as a whole, and even when it's clear I am right, I give up because some people are too stupid to get through.

Whenever my sister does something that bothers me, I keep quiet about it because I just know she's going to get mad at me and start to argue, just because she's got the upper hand as older sibling. She just gets mad when she's wrong. She will never back down even when she's wrong. And that's the difficult part about it all.

Every time I am in the house while she is not present, I constantly worry about what is in the room or the house that she won't like or will get mad about. And then as I fix whatever she won't like, I ask myself, "Nura, what the heck are you doing? Why do you bother doing whatever makes her happy if she isn't even going to reciprocate? Why do you need to live in fear of her anger? Think about it. That's silly." So I listen to myself and stop doing whatever will make her happy. Because why should I if she doesn't feel the same way towards me, right?

Well, here's the thing. The reason she doesn't live in fear of me getting angry is because I'm not intimidating when I'm angry. I just stay quiet and lash out any mean remark if someone talks to me. That's just my style. I hate yelling, I can't yell, and yelling is pointless. A Nura staying quiet isn't scary or intimidating, right? So that's why she doesn't bother worrying about me getting mad about anything she does.

Phew, life with her sucks. I can't wait for her to move out. And don't you dare ask me if I'm going to miss her. Listen, I've lived 18 years with her, and I can't remember one moment when she wasn't mean to me. I might be exaggerating, but I need a break from her, okay? 18 freaking years is a LOT of time. I could endure 18 more years without her. So, no, I'm not going to miss her. And boy, I don't feel ashamed to be saying this because she probably feels the same way towards me.

I had another point to discuss which is on the same topic but not centered on my relationship with my sister. Okay, sometimes my friends tell me about things they're obsessed with, like some stupid band or celebrity. Well, I don't just brush them off because I don't feel the same way. I pretend to be excited with them, or I support them in any way I please. But I NEVER and WILL NEVER brush off their excitement no matter how much I disagree with them. What do I care more about; them or their obsessions? Them, right? And they'd be very crushed if I just hit them with a "mhm" "yeah" "okay" "whatever" "sure." You might call it "being fake" but call it what you want. I just don't aim on hurting anybody. I've said this before on one of my Instagram posts.

SEPTEMBER 13
Just wanna say something. PLEASE don't make fun of people's obsessions. What if those things/people they constantly talk about are the only things making them happy? And if those people come to you all excited and enthusiastic with something to say about their obsession, PLEASE don't burst their bubble by saying a "yeah," "nah," or "whatever." Sure, you don't really care about their obsession or you aren't as obsessed with it as they are. But that doesn't give you the right to brush off their enthusiasm and crush their happiness. Please, just don't do that. THANK YOU

See? Look, even if you don't agree with someone's obsessions, you shouldn't express your dislike, especially if that someone is a person you love. Hurting someone emotionally is the worst thing anyone can do.

BUT, GUYS, BUUUUT.... whenever I'M excited about something and I tell someone about it, that person is just like "yeah" "mhm" "okay." I FEEL VERY TEMPTED TO MAKE THIS WHOLE PARAGRAPH IN CAPS JUST BECAUSE THIS ANNOYS ME SO MUCH. Whoever has done this to me before, WELL YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! 

Anyway, what else should I talk about ...

... well, it's Election Day. I for one am very confident Hillary will win. I trust Allah will let happen whatever is in His plan (holy crud I just heard an explosion outside and I was scared as heck).

Okay, um.... the explosion is over .... I don't know what to say but it really scared me. I honestly hope it's just some ridiculous human being letting a firework go in honor of Election Day. I hope it's not a gun and I hope no one died.

Anyway, everything is in Allah's plan and that puts my heart at rest.

Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts