What Should I Name This Post?

^^post title goals, y'all

I've been wanting to write another post, but held back because "I'd already written one for the day and I'm gonna write one for every day in November." Well, screw my rules. I told myself just now, "Just write it. Nothing's holding you back. You can write another one, it's okay. Why hold yourself back just because of your perfectionist rules?"

I argue with myself sometimes. In the end, it's a win-win, because I am me, and I always win.

Anyway, let me get on with what I was going to say.

I just realized that I'm going to be really busy tomorrow volunteering at a job fair in the masjid tomorrow, so I may not be able to write a blog post for tomorrow. So writing another one now is actually a really good idea.

I praise my own ideas sometimes because I'm that brilliant.

Oh my god I just peeled a pimple scar and now it's bleeding. SOMEONE MAKE ME #STOP

As if I'll stop even after you tell me to haha *licks blood off of hand*

Right now I'm soooo obsessed with Raef's album "The Path" and my personal favorite is "Call On Him." Y'all should listen to it. If I had the album, my own car, and a driver's license, I would drive to no destined area and dab to that song until I get sick of it.

ANYWAY!!! That is not what I wanted to tell you guys!

At 4:08 pm, my classmate C sent me an email consisting of her essay along with a message asking to revise her essay one last time. I opened her document and looked it over, and then, posing as "English Professor #2" as I've been respectfully dubbed by C herself, I began crossing words out, adding my own comments, and suggesting stronger word choices, just the way one of my English teachers used to edit my papers. It was really fun, actually. I felt so accomplished as I was revising the essay in purple words while I was mildly distracted by Awakening Records' work (aka nasheeds). I took up exactly 50 minutes editing with no distraction in between (nasheeds don't count. yes I know I just disregarded what I said before) and took about one minute composing an email back to C.

After that I began to get ready to go to the masjid for a meeting regarding the next day's job fair. I was lazy to put together an outfit (again) so I wore all black (again) but bedazzled the outfit with one of the brooches from my growing brooch collection. The brooch is kind of black, too, but it has some gold on it, so that's why it's bedazzling. Anyway, did I have a point here?

The meeting was okay. It didn't seem like there was much to cover. My job, after all, is hopefully just set-up and greeting/ushering. I'm smiley enough and I have man muscles so if anyone needs tables to be lifted and people to be disciplined, I'll be the perfect person to call.

Anyway... we ended the meeting at Maghrib time, and after that, I joined my lovely YM sisters in our signature room. They continued their halaqa and recapped what they talked about, and then we ended the halaqa with a dua. Then one of the sisters asked a very random but good question: how do you act friendly towards boys without seeming like you're interested?

Everyone immediately offered their answers, but I was just thinking to myself, aha. I have the perfect answer. I have a bunch of guys in all my classes and I'm friendly to all of them and I don't feel at all like we share a mutual feeling of interest. Truth, though. I have a bunch of guys in all my classes. I have two guys in my group. The majority of students in my geology class are boys. And I don't feel uncomfortable to act friendly towards any of them. Not even the Muslim guys. Okay, there's this one guy in geology class who's Muslim, and for some reason I've never felt obliged to be nice to him. He doesn't talk too much, but when he does, his intelligence brims off of him. Still, he doesn't really engage in conversations between classmates and plus he sits alone. I mean, so do I (when my Muslim girl friend doesn't come to class), but at least I talk to everyone else. It's just this one guy, though. I can't smile at him.

OKAY I HAD A POINT. I smile at guys to be nice, aight? I do it mostly because it's obvious that I'm a Muslim and I don't want anyone to think badly of Muslims and Islam. I can't help it that I was born a girl and I'm obviously Muslim and I wanna be nice. Right?

If I'm in class and I happen to accidentally, yes, accidentally, make eye contact with one of the guy students, then I just smile. (Actually there's this one guy who always glances at me. He's a Muslim.) Then there's this guy in geology class who is very friendly, but he's mature as well. Meaning he knows his barriers and that I'm not interested and all that jazz. I talked to him last Wednesday before class about the test we had Monday. I smiled and laughed as I told him how I found random weird questions in the test which I don't remember discussing, and I felt completely comfortable.

Anyway, I was trying to get it across that yes, you should smile at guys to appear friendly, but nothing more. A smile, eye contact for like two seconds, then go on your way. I smile and talk with the guys I meet at school. I guess I'm just blessed that none of them take my friendliness the wrong way. Alhamdulillah. :)

I really really have to get my essay done so I can write my notecards for our presentation on Monday. Oh geeze. Better get that done because who knows what can happen on the weekends. And I already know that tomorrow is busy. Bye-bye!

Until next time! :)

Comments

  1. I always talk to a lot of guys in my classes (they'll just be sitting at my table) and we share jokes and stuff but I think as long as you don't try too hard to show you have no interest in him then it's completely mutual. Most of them either have girlfriends or are interested in someone else anyway. And if one guy tries to get closer to you then just clarify with him that he's in the friendzone.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts