But Wait, There's More

I had such an interesting day today! 

Well some of it was a drag, so lemme just emphasize on the important parts. 

My geo teacher was kinda rude to me today. I finished up my lab and was about to head out as I passed by his desk. I said, "See you," and he just grunted. And before me, there was this guy who said bye to the teacher also, and the teacher said "take care." I always had this hunch that my geo teacher doesn't like me because he always gives me this look. He probably voted for Trump. Lol.

Anyway, after that I went outside and something amazing happened. IG saw it first, but now you guys will. 

I'm simply sitting outside in the warm sunlight in front of the library on the metal benches, and this man sits down a few seats away from me. I pay no attention to him at first because, hey, anyone can come sit down by me, you know. Then all of a sudden he says "Assalaamu alaykum!"

Taken by surprise I say "Wa alaykum salaam!" And he proceeds to ask me about my nationality and my education.

And then the one thing he says to me that I took to heart is "It's nice to see a Muslim lady with the hijab, you know." And I just say "I'm used to it, I would never take it off." And he says "That shows you are strong."

He then continued to talk to me about life in Pakistan and other things but just before he left he asked me if people look at me weird because of the hijab. I said yes they do, but I'm used to it. And then as he got up to leave he told me to be careful. Alhamdulillah 😄 it's amazing what kinds of people Allah sends to us. #greatday #grateful #thoughts

And on top of that, I tweeted Ali Official and he retweeted! Yay!

Okay, that's all! Stay tuned for my next vacation post!

Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts