It's Thursday, Thursday...

Hello hello hello! It's Nura again, here to entertain you :)

I stayed at home for the majority of my day, but I feel as though quite a lot of things happened. I was awakened at Fajr time, around 6:36 AM. My sister was going to go to the masjid to pray Fajr, and then she would come right back and send me to school. Now, why did I go to school on a Thursday? (My class days are M & W.) Well, because I had to meet up with my group partners in English class so we could discuss what we learned the other day (did I mention that the guys didn't come to class yesterday?), which was how to get an A on our presentation.

Anyway, I dressed in all black, mostly because I didn't have the time or energy or clean clothes to put together a decent-looking outfit. On a side note, I've been wearing black this whole week. On Monday, I wore a black long-sleeve shirt, a black skirt, my new black hijab, and a flowy leopard tank top that's black on the inside. My shoes are also black and white, and my backpack, as you already know, is black. The only thing on me that had no trace of black on it at all were my blue jeans. On Wednesday, I wore my black hijab with a black abaya, so I was black all over (even my socks were black). And when I came home, I upped the vibe by wearing a black T-shirt. And today, I wore my black hijab, black longsleeve, black skirt, and black "Pray for Palestine" T-shirt. So, yeah. I've been pretty black this week, although I haven't been feeling black. Funny, innit?

And then, in the dark, black early morning, I climbed into my sister's new black car, and rode through the dark, black streets, under the black skies, towards the dark and unoccupied community college. The library wasn't open yet, so I walked into the main building and chilled there until about 7:50, when I got up and began to walk towards the library. I sat down at one computer and added on to my National Novel of the month. Then, at about 8:55, one of my classmates, L, walked towards me, and I got us a study room. Then we waited for the guys to arrive. When I saw them, they walked straight past the door as if they knew where they were going. I waved my arms at them to get their attention. B, the one in front, didn't see us, but M, the one at the back, saw us and grinned and hurried after B to show him where we were. It was hilarious. The guys came into the room and pulled up their laptops. I downloaded Google Slides on my iPad while B waited for his laptop to boot up. "It's the Internet here," he said. "It sucks."

True story, though. While my iPad takes usually one whole minute or even 30 seconds to download a new app, it took about five whole minutes in the library's Internet service. Finally, we were able to pull up the PowerPoint. M started playing Dino Run on miniclip.com (quite amusingly, I might add) and we watched him play for a good 5 seconds, commenting on how productive we were, until B said, "My class starts at 9:30," and it was 9:10, so M was like "Oh shoot" and he closed the game and opened the PowerPoint tab. We fixed up a few flaws in our presentation, discussed what we needed to address, and then at around 9:23, B said he should get going. So he packed up and left, and then the rest of us left too. Our other group member, C, didn't come, because she was confused about the timing of our meeting.

Anyway, L had offered to send me home, so I walked with her to the parking lot. M followed us with his headphones around his neck. And as usual, he was humming some tune. L asked him what he was going to do for the rest of the day, and he answered that question, along with, "I need a job."

"I heard [insert name of college] is hiring people to work at Subway," I said helpfully.

"Oh, really? The Subway here?" L asked.

"Yup!" I responded.

"Well," L said, looking back to M, "there you go!"

M smiled somewhat in embarrassment, and then said bye.

"Bye," L and I laughed, and we parted ways with M. L lead me to her car and I told her my address, and then she began to drive me home. We had a very interesting conversation about her educational timeline. Then we reached my house, and my adventure was over. Kind of.

I added on to my always-hilarious IG story, and then I opened up my computer and "kind of" did my work (in reality I was listening to my tunes and trying to compose a blog post/adding on to my story). Then my mom and Z came home, and they started their school day. Me, I started startving at around 12pm, so I got up and made myself a bowl of oatmeal with brown sugar and frozen cherries. I wanted to add Nutella too, which I didn't remember until I'd washed my dishes. Oh, well. The less sugar in my diet, the better, right?

I was having a very enlightening conversation with my friend Momo, but then she had to go. So what I did after that was I fixed up my slides in my presentation. And, yeah. That's kinda it.

Until next time! :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts