From the Nose

My chore was to cook chicken. It's very spicy and, due to a secret ingredient I will let loose to only one soul, is very green. Fret not, for at least it is cooked. While my chicken was cooking on low heat, I contemplated on whether to bake something or not. I looked up 'baking recipe using milk' and I found a great recipe on hot milk cake. I was elated after reading through the ingredients and the directions. Leaping off the computer chair, I yelled, "I'm crazy! I'm gonna make this cake!" and set off for the kitchen. In the process of making the cake I had a teensy problem that could have killed me, but thankfully I knew how to deal with stoves and burns and whatnot. No, there was no fire, and I didn't get burned. What really happened, I will save for my baking blog.

At lunch, I told the one soul what the secret ingredient was. Her reaction was priceless. I laughed uncontrollably. After washing my plate, I had a glass of milk. I stood as I drank it, in front of the mirror that hangs in our dining room. Suddenly, the one soul came to me, finished with washing her dish. She looked at me and commented disbelievingly, "Seriously? Watching yourself drink? That's height of vanity!"

My mouth was full of milk, and if you know me, you know I can't laugh while drinking, or you'll get a shower of milk, water, soda, etc. You name it. [Except vodka and stuff like that :D] One time while I was drinking chocolate almondmilk, my sister said something, and I laughed so hard that the milk came out of my nose.

So, with a full mouth of milk, I was laughing really hard, trying to keep the milk in my mouth. If it didn't stay in there, a big mess would have to be cleaned. I didn't want to clean up a spray of milk, so I spit all the milk back into my cup and laughed my heart out. Yes, I know this is a morbid, vulgar, and gory detail to include. Makes it a better read, does it not? My sister and brother looked at me with faces of disgust, surprise, and shock. "Disgusting!" my sister exclaimed. Laughing drunkenly, I collapsed into a chair. When my heart had been laughed out, my sense returned, and I redrank the milk. My brother was utterly grossed out. Oh, how I enjoy the art of grossing people out.

You may be wondering why the heck was I laughing because my sister didn't even say anything funny. [As usual.] I was laughing because I didn't want her to see me watching myself drink. 'Course, I failed.

I have to pray. Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts