Footsteps

My mother's partly-famous blog motivated me to sprout another life blog. I decided to do one, for a few reasons: I miss writing about my life, and I tend to forget about my book diary tucked safely in my desk shelf. Writing regularly about my life also strengthens my skills in writing, and those skills I have to work on for my future career as a successful author. I don't write for comments here, like I do in my other blogs. Here I write for practice, to document events, to remember incidents. Welcome to Progression.

I can't believe it's 2015. All the years are slowly dropping out from the future, one by one, gradually, until the world ends. Speaking of the end of the world, I experienced mini earthquakes yesterday. Apparently there were four, but I felt only two. Boy, were they scary! When my mother came home and looked it up, I saw a video in one of her results with a photo that said, "16th earthquake since November 2014." Impressive! I didn't even feel anything during that month. Come to think of it, I don't remember much of what happened in November. If it weren't for my trusty blogs, I would have forgotten everything.

I really shouldn't be writing here right now. I'm kind of waiting for my English teacher to reply to my email. I'm taking Home2Teach Report Writing. This is my third time taking it. The good thing about retaking it is that I get to write about anything. On my first time, I was required to write a report about a country. The only country that I knew about other than the USA was Malaysia, so my report featured Malaysia's culture and cuisine. On my second time in class, my report discussed the characteristics of cats. I loved that report, because it was full of information even I myself did not know. [I consider myself a cat expert ;)]

The book I currently find the time to read is Rick Riordan's The Battle of the Labyrinth. I love its humor, descriptions, and dialogue arrangements. Despite the Greek immortal talk, the book is a great read. However, I find it ridiculous at the same time. Characters in the book who are supposed to represent Greek 'gods' fade away, which is their way of dying. They can't even save themselves. They're 'gods', can they not save themselves? Are they not immortal? If so, then why are they dying? How can they have any authority if they can do nothing except cause mortals to marvel at their presence?

My algebra II textbook is calling me. I refuse to respond. Today I have Quran class at 5pm. I started going back on Monday. Personally, I thought the break was too long. It made me feel so unproductive. Honestly, I feel better while I'm doing work when there's no break. Anyhow, I moved on to Surah Muhammad from Surah Fath yesterday. I am so proud of myself, because I memorized ayah 4 in such a short amount of time. [Go look it up, it's a bit of a lengthy ayah.] Ironically, I focus better in that classroom than at home where there are no other children reciting Quran loud enough to wake the dead. I guess I lose myself when I'm reciting as loud as I can to block out the other girls' voices.

A chore is pending. Until next time! :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts