Day 275 of 365 - Happy Birthday 🥳

Upon looking at last year's post, I realized that I had written about 25 things I learned that year, instead of 25 things I learned before turning 25. I digress and choose to write about 26 things I learned before turning 26. What a year it has been. 

26 Things I Learned Before Turning 26
  1. Some friends will care about your life until you care about other human lives.
  2. Stop being so uptight and let loose a little. 
  3. Anxiety can hold you back from a lot of things.
  4. Having a niece and nephew made me a better person when it came to working with children. 
  5. No, nobody is mad at me or hates me. If they are mad at me, we can sort it out. If they hate me, there's not much I can do.
  6. Turkish people are a mix of Europeans and Asians. I thought they were Arab.
  7. Men, at least in my family, are the biggest reasons behind generational trauma. Bears would never. 
  8. If the management of a place is horrible, the entire place is horrible. 
  9. Keeping someone hired but not scheduling them is illegal, apparently. And for good reason. 
  10. God will give you what you need out of nowhere.
  11. The British colonized Malaysia, but in a nice way. 
  12. When God gave Prophet Zakariya a son, Prophet Zakariya was in disbelief and asked for a sign. His sign was that he could not speak for three days despite being healthy and having the means to speak. That sign was to teach him that even though he was old and essentially didn't have the means to bear children, God gave him a child despite Prophet Zakariya not having the means. This was to teach Prophet Zakariya that God can do anything, whether the means are there or not. 
  13. Working a barista job is honestly more dangerous than a receptionist job. 
  14. Have hope, but respect yourself. I will not elaborate on this.
  15. Be confident, not cocky, and be proud of yourself. 
  16. Being a small girl doesn't limit me from winning against three full-sized men. 
  17. Present your situation to God and explain why you need the thing you want and why it is unattainable for you. This is how Prophet Zakariya explained to God his need for a son.
  18. If you don't park your car properly, you can't turn it off. 
  19. If someone is being weird and asking you inappropriate questions, get out. 
  20. If you're in a bad mood for whatever reason, take your time to be by yourself until you feel better. 
  21. If you don't know something, there's always someone you can ask who does know. 
  22. I thought I had learned this, but don't let people see your weak side, because then they'll know how to push you around. 
  23. Accept nice gestures as nice gestures, not actions with ulterior moves. (Context: me thinking that a patient gave me and my receptionist buddy spearmint gum as a gift to make a point about the smell of our breaths)
  24. Don't let the mental illnesses take over if you have stuff to do. Get up on out there. 
  25. If you want something, you gotta be proactive to get it. 
  26. Having a lot of stress can give you cancer, hence~
I have a lot of stories to tell. I'll try to post later this week. I hope you can learn as well from what I've learned. 

Oh yeah, and it's my birthday today. 


Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts