So Liek

Today, March 29, is National Lemon Chiffon Cake Day. Let me remind my wonderful, caring, considerate sister to send me the pictures of the cake I made on Wednesday.

Okay, now to the point. I had a chill week. Well, weekend. When does ANYONE have a chill week these days? Soww, on Friday, we left the 'partment for the Collin County Adventure Camp. It was an hour or an hour and a half away, and I slept most of the time 'cause the sun was warm and lovely and I find it difficult to stay awake on road trips. And I didn't eat lunch. (Well, y'think that'd keep me awake, yeah?)

So when we got there, we did archery and BB gun shooting. The archery was amaze, as always, but the bows I used in Malaysia and in archery club are much much better. There was no notch on the bow for the arrow to rest on, and additionally, the bows were too light. When Mum shot, she missed all but the last, which hit the bull's eye.

But anyway, after that, we went ziplining. It took forever to get my turn but eventually I got on with Hj. It was the most thrilling experience ever, and out of excitement I squealed. Then we started to slide backward, and the guy who was supposed to bring us down grabbed my leg, which was pretty uncomfortable. He took me down, but Hj slid back too fast and she had to inch her way over, which looked really cute to me. Lol, anyways, when we had to walk back it was pretty dark already, and we had to pass over a mud puddle, and the only way over was by a log that didn't look stable. Hj made it over easily, and when my turn came, I stood on the log and shook forever in unmistakable fear. I grabbed a nearby tree trunk and whimpered like a newborn kitten, "I'm gonna fall! Help me!" And Hj encouragingly told me, "Walk!" Eventually, I overcame my fear and kinda ran off the log and made some mud fly when I jumped off. 'Twas clumsy, but I overcame my fear. Partly. And it's better to be afraid of walking over a log than going ziplining. I guess. I don't know. Hehe. Lul.

Then, we walked back to the cabins, ate for a while, unpacked our stuff and set up our beds, and then we walked towards the campfire site, where we prayed Maghrib and Isha together. Then, Ustadh NAK gave a little lecture, and then when he began to tell us a story, he told us to gather closer to the fire.

(Just paraphrasing. Forgive me if I'm wrong.)

A girl was accepted in med school and slept at a dorm place. She couldn't find a room to stay in. The only place left to sleep in was an abandoned, dirty, slightly frightening room. However, the girl was so desperate to get into med school that she just took that room and slept in there. 

That night, at around 11pm, there was a knock on her door. A voice told the girl to open the door, and said her name was Salma. She wanted the girl's notes from the day's class. The girl, although confused, gave her notes anyway, and Salma left. 

The next night, at around 11:15, there was a knock on the door. It was Salma again, telling the girl to open the door. Salma gave the girl her notes back. The notes were wet and messed up, and Salma looked like she'd been crying. The frightened girl took the notes back and Salma left. 

The next day, the girl asked her teacher if he knew any girl in the class named Salma, and the teacher called up a few girls named Salma, all of who were not the Salma whom the girl had seen. The girl told her teacher that none of the girls were the Salma, and then she went on to mention that a girl who called herself Salma kept coming to her room at odd hours of the night. 

The janitor cleaning stuff nearby, or rather eavesdropping, suddenly said loudly, "That's not funny!"

"What's not funny?" the girl asked, completely baffled. 

"You don't know?" the janitor said. "A girl named Salma used to live in that room. She died ten years ago."

The girl, now exposed to this new information, was terrified and did not want to sleep in her room anymore. But she had no choice. 

At around 12am, there was a knock on the door once more. The girl, out of fear, closed all the windows, double-bolted the door, pressed a chair against the door, and said, "I'm not opening this door!"

Louder knocking. "OPEN THIS DOOR!"

And now, the girl somehow saw this as her chance to escape. 

She took away the chair. 

She unbolted the door. 

She opened it slowly.

[There was a loud, terrifying scream that ripped the silence of the night.]

Ustadh NAK hollered into the mike. A lot of people screamed, and S, who was behind me, grabbed me. I had a feeling the ending would be terrifying, so I wasn't scared, but S scared me. Mostly, I was laughing because everyone's fear was hilarious.

Then we sang songs like Tala Al Badru. And Aas and Ysf performed a few activities, and one of Ummi's classmates did a rain activity with us. And then we retreated to our cabins for the night.

The next day was full of fun, but this post is long enough, so I will post part two tomorrow. I hope. InshaAllah.

I may have pictures too, by that time. Maybe. Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts