Life Story Pile-Up II: Critiques and Tripods, BONUS Anxiety Attack

    Alright lubbly people, today I will be talking about what the title says. Let's just get right into it.

    Tuesday, September 19

    Project 1 in Digital Imaging class was due for critique today. Mr. Photoshop Teacher (let's just call him BB because he teaches other things too) divided us into six groups of three. He walked around the room touching everyone's shoulders and saying, "Remember your numbers. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 1, 2..."

    If I remember correctly, I was 6. After dividing us, BB decided where we all should sit. "Uhh, let's have all the sixes meet over here with Nura."

    Matt rolled his chair over to me. "What's up, Nura?"

    "Actually, let's meet over here with Matthew, so it doesn't get too crowded over there," BB said.

    Matt rolled his chair back to his original table. I was actually hoping we could meet at my table because my computer was being a turd and I was trying to upload my assignment to the homework folder where everyone could access it, but it wasn't working. I told my group that my file wasn't in the folder yet, and Matt was like, "Okay put it in!"

    "I'll try, but it's not working," I said, heading back to my computer.

    Finally Matt was done with waiting for me so he came to my computer and said, "Okay, what's up?"

    "I'm not connecting to the server," I said.

    "Okay, do you have your file saved on a thumb drive?" he asked.

    "Yeah."


    "Okay..."

    "Wait, let me eject it first so it doesn't get corrupted," I said, taking the mouse and ejecting my thumb drive. Matt waited for a bit and then pulled the drive out. I guess he really wanted to get this critique over with lol. He brought my drive over to this computer and plugged it into his laptop, and then pulled my file up. Groupie #3 (I'll have to call her that because I don't remember her name) volunteered to be critiqued first, so Matt and I worked on critiquing her composition while she stayed quiet the entire time (by BB's instruction).

    Then, BB had us pause for a bit and told us to gather around Amanda's table so he could use her as his guinea pig for something he wanted to show us all. That's not important though.

    I suddenly heard a loud hissing sound behind me. Loud and rapid. It probably lasted half a second. Chills ran down my back and I slowly turned around. It looked like the projector screen had slid back into the ceiling where it was stored... all by itself.

    Everyone was holding their hearts and exhaling. BB was like, "What the hell?"

    I looked behind me to see if I'd accidentally stepped on something that could've activated it, but there was nothing behind me.

    BB waited for everyone to calm down and then he continued to talk about Amanda's piece. And then we all went back to critique. And after that, class was let out.

    After that, I went to photography class, where we talked about tripods. We left the classroom and took the tripods outside at the pond and took pictures of our teacher by her instruction. Then I wandered off and took pictures of the flower beds. Matt joined me and said what's up, and took a few pictures of the flowers and then left. And then we all walked back inside to take pictures of the art in the gallery. And then class was dismissed.

    Sunshine was coming to my school that day - actually, he arrived just as I walked out of class. He was with his friend who wanted to use the writing center. When he texted me earlier that day saying he was coming, I was a bit surprised aside from really happy. Here's the backstory. Monday night he was angry at me and didn't text me for the whole night. Reason because I said something that made him mad. He didn't text me a good morning either. So having him come over to my school right after having him be mad at me was sort of surprising and I was afraid it would be a little awkward.

    I met him and his friend out at the pond, and we walked inside, and his friend headed straight for the writing center. Sunshine stayed with me, and we walked around campus. I refilled his water bottle for him while he went to the bathroom. And he told me he wasn't really mad at my anymore in the morning, he was just tired so he was mad at everybody. Oh, Sunshine.

    Close to the end of his visit, we hung outside the entrance to the writing center and just talked. For some reason, I was having an anxiety attack and I didn't really know why. I was pacing around rapidly, glancing at my watch or the nearby clock, and eating peanut butter crackers.

    Sunshine wanted to know why I was feeling anxious, but I didn't know why. All I knew was that I wanted to go and do something instead of standing around and waiting and talking. I wasn't in a talking mood. I told Sunshine I just had ADHD which caused me to go walking around because I didn't wanna stay still and wait. Sunshine tried to diagnose me and I listened to him while I pressed my forehead against a wall. 

    "Calm down, your dad's not gonna come until like forty minutes from now."
    "You're anxious because you don't know M and you know that when he leaves I do too."

    I laughed. It was like he could read my mind. It was true. I was anxious because I didn't know when M was gonna finish in the writing center and I didn't want Sunshine to leave when M did finish. I don't want to admit it; I hate to, in fact; but Sunshine can actually understand me. Other than my BFF Mar in NM, no one else has ever understood me the way Sunshine does. Maybe that's why he's my best friend.

    Anyway, that's a wrap for this life story. Come back later!

    Until next time! :)

    Comments

    Popular Posts