Feliz Navidad

I hate those days when maintenance is supposed to come to the house. They don't say when they'll come, so I'm completely unprepared when I hear a knocking at the door, and I rush to my room and they have to slam the knocker about ten hundred times more before I'm in presentable (not really) attire. Then I open the door and they're all like "I own dis house" and then they glance at me with a face like "Wotchuu lookin' at" when I come and see how and what they're doing. Anyone feel me?

Well, today, maintenance came to check out our oven, which burned out on Friday, when I attempted for the first time to make a Chiffon cake with mommy. Let me spill about the cake first. I'd just finished showering, and after all that jazz, y'know, I went to the kitchen to check on the cake. It had about 28 minutes left. I heard a crackling sound coming from inside the oven, and curious, I opened it. Inside, sparks popped and flew in the element of the oven. I was like umg and called Mum. Mum was like UMG and called Dad. Dad must've been like O MA GAWD but he didn't show it because he's cool. Mum turned off the oven and the sparks stopped sparking. Then we got ready to go to Jumu'ah and Mum cooled the cake on the stove and we left for Jumu'ah. After the prayer, we went outside and discovered cotton candy being made by some high school girls. I gave my friend Nbh the last dollar I owned to pay for it, and then her brother Sa came running over and told us it cost 4 dollars. Nbh looked at me like "well okay then" and gave me back the dollar. Then Sa found out that the dudes were selling SANDWICHES that were 4 dollars, and the cotton candy was actually one dollar. I was like srslydoe and gave Nbh the dollar again. Nbh and Sa bought three cotton candy thingamajigs somehow with two dollars and I shared mine with S. I guess S was hungry 'cuz it was gone in practically twenty-four seconds. Sa was like, "How did you finish it ALREADY?" And I was like, "I shared it with her!" Which was good enough an explanation because he had a whole one to himself which he was biting instead of tearing and eating. Anyway, after Nbh left, we went to the van, and I forgot how but Mum or S mentioned the sandwiches and Mum was like "If you want it, go get it." (And she didn't say it in that army general way. She said it in that voice that means she's actually letting us do something we rarely get to do.) S had ten bucks, and she thrust it in my face and ordered, "You go get it!" and I saw the dudes at the table and I was like, "Nuh. You come with me." And she was like "No." And I was like, "Okay, we both go, and you don't have to say ANYTHING. Just follow me." And reluctantly she agreed. We walked towards the table when we noticed the head dude packing up. And S was like "Ugh, seriously?" And then the dude probs saw us or heard her because he yelled, "Sister you want a sandwich?" And I was like, "yea bruh." And I walked to the table and while the head dude looked for change for ten dollars, the head dude's friend gave me a sandwich and I was like, "Can I have two?" and so he gave me another one. I handed over the ten bucks and he gave me back two. After saying thank you, I went back to S and we ran back to the van. We drove (well, Mum did) to the library and finished our sandwiches in the van in the parking lot, and then we went inside the library to get stuff. You know, the regular jazz, like gold and rubies. Anyway, we went home after that and pigged out on cake. 'Twas all dense and didn't really have a flavor. Had Mum let me add in orange zest, it would taste a little more like oranges. But the fact is, it didn't, and that is the story of the cake, which was mysteriously reported missing on the morning of Saturday, February 7, 2015.

Now that you all know that story, let us move on to the story of the Feliz Navidad Maintenance Dude. So he came around 1pm, I guess. As always, he came unexpectedly, and he sent me running to my room to put on my not really presentable attire. I opened the door and he came in and was like "Hellooooo." And S was like "Hi." And he mentioned that he was going to check on the oven, and seeing that he didn't need my expert assistance, I went back to my original place at the computer to do math. Hurhur. He left after fiddling with oven and closed the door. Then he came back. Then he told me he would turn off the power. Then he came to me and told me "Tell your mom you need to buy a new element, 'cause this one isn't the right one, and you can't use the oven for 3-5 days." Then he left, taking the element with him.

MY ELEMENT OF LIFE.

Anyway, 'twas all cool after he left, until I heard queer music coming from behind me, and I knew it wasn't one of S's weird videos or games. It was coming from the kitchen. I got off my chair and approached the kitchen. On the counter near the stove, I saw a Samsung galaxy note (guessing lel) in a black case ringing its heart out. The ringtone was a fabulous bell tinkling (lel) and the vibration sounded like "Jingle Bells." And a dude named Albaro was calling. I was like SRSLYDOE?! Then I told S. And until the maintenance guy returned to retrieve his precious phone, his ringtone drove me crazy.

Eww. Look at the grammar in this post. Oh well! Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts