Nothing

Aaahhhh today is wacky. Not as wacky as last week, but wacky nevertheless!

First of all, my friend Abr picked me up. As she was driving, I saw her touch her ID, and then I realized I wasn't wearing my own. It's okay, I reassured myself.  Not everyone on campus has one yet. And it's not like I'm going to need it today. To give myself an illusion of productivity, I opened my phone and viewed my to-do list on Google Keep.

What next? I forgot to bring my sketchbook to class, and we were gonna do some in-class sketchbook assignments. We didn't have to do it in class, but it was a good idea if we just wanted to get some of it out of the way. But I didn't have my sketchbook, so I just told myself I'd do everything when I got home.

Mr. Art Teacher said that if we didn't have our sketchbooks, we could instead use some scrap paper. I decided, well, I have no choice, so as I was looking through my file folder for some scrap paper, I found an assignment from drawing class which I hadn't yet done, and it was due today. So since I didn't have my sketchbook and I couldn't do the in-class assignments, I decided to do that homework right then and there.

Finally, I left class, and I had to carry my big portfolio with me (and I was lowkey triggered because we were told to bring the Bristol/Watercolor/Mixed Media drawing pad with us today, and we didn't use it. And heck, I went through a lot to get that dang drawing pad! I'll tell that story in another post.) I brought my newsprint pad too for Drawing II class, so I have yet to see if we're gonna use that.

Mr. Art Teacher said we could use the lockers but only if we had a lock. So I visited the Student Bookstore and looked around for a lock. I found one for $6+, and I went in line. I reached behind me and unzipped one of the pockets on my backpack and felt around for my wallet. I felt my umbrella, but where was the soft, almost snakelike texture of my wallet? I left the line and pulled off my backpack. Yup, my wallet wasn't in any of the pockets. Which meant my wallet was at home, in my handbag.

Fudge.

Well, I sure wasn't getting it easy today. I put the lock back on its hook and left the A building. I went into G and mostly just hung around until I realized I should stay in A so I could pray Dhuhr before hurrying to Drawing II in G. I appreciate the fact that this school has a prayer room, but I think every building needs to have one.

Nothing was happening in G. I'd left my portfolio there because I didn't want to carry that thing everywhere (yea, pretty dangerous I know, but bear with me.) I decided I'd put my portfolio closer to my classroom so I could just grab it when I walked into class. So I did that, and then I decided to come up to the library and do some blog writing while I waited for dhuhr to come in.

Dhuhr comes in at 1:30, which is exactly when my class starts. Last week I was experiencing my time of the month, so I didn't have to worry about this then. Now I do. But hopefully it won't cause that much of a problem, because eventually dhuhr will get earlier and will no longer conflict with my class start time.

It's 1:25 PM right now, and I gotta leave in a bit to pray. I'll get back on this story after I get home, inshaAllah. But for now...

Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts