MOOD

Okay, I'm not exactly sure what kind of mood I'm in right now. Immature? Deep? Sassy?

I was literally just thinking of talking about how the first week of school went, but the bare thought of it made me stress out a little lol, like I'm not ready to think that hard and remember all those details. But I'll just go over it because I know you guys want to know and future me wants to know too.

So, I registered for four classes: Drawing II, Design I, Digital Imaging I, and Photography I. Photography doesn't start until September, because apparently it's a flex course. Design and Drawing are taught by the same teacher on Mondays and Wednesdays. Digital Imaging is so far my only TR class, until September comes. So that's my schedule.

 I really haven't been writing and I realize now as I go back into the season of academics that it made a huge difference.  My writing is trash. I read some of my old essays, my old books, and they're amazing, You wouldn't imagine the same writer is behind both compositions. And what's even more shocking is that my vacation from writing was a mere few months, barely a year. So much has changed since. I'm not asking for a solution, but I just want to show you all how important it is to keep honing your skills no matter what obstacles get in the way. Mr. Black, my Digital Imaging teacher, told us that if our skill is drawing, keep at it. Draw every day. If you're a photographer, shoot every day. Never stop.

Anyway, Monday did start off a little wild, and I'll only go into the important parts. Someone literally fainted in class. Mr. Art Teacher (I'll call him that) was giving a lecture about safety in class and he went into safety with knives and such, and he told us a gory story (one which I've heard more than enough) of how one of his students accidentally cut herself while cutting a two-liter plastic bottle in the air with an Xacto knife.

And all of a sudden, this girl passes out and falls on the floor. Everyone rushes over and I, in a state of shock, just sit in my chair. My heart's going at several beats per second.

Some guys help the girl back to her chair, and then she suddenly wakes up, her eyes wide. With one hand, she sweeps her hair out of her face.

"Are you okay?" someone asks.

She nods, eyes still wide. Mr. Art Teacher nervously asks, "Was it the talk?"

The girl nods again, this time with a little smile albeit her shock.

"I'm so sorry!" he said. "You should have said something! Do you need some water?"

The girl nods, and Mr. Art Teacher goes off to get her some. A student asks, "Are you allergic to peanut butter?" And the girl shakes her head. The other student reaches into her backpack and pulls out a packet of peanut butter cookies and gives them to the girl.

Still about 30 minutes later, my heart's still beating rapidly. I'd never seen anyone pass out in my life. I myself have done so, but it's less scary when you're the one passed out.

Anyway, we left class, and I headed right to the library to get my new ID made. The line was incredibly long and I couldn't even quite tell where it started. I was incredibly antsy because the solar eclipse was supposed to happen and there was a viewing party outside at the lake but I couldn't go see it because I was gonna be stuck in this ID line for who knows how long.

A girl behind me told me she really needed to go to financial aid and she asked me if I could hold her place for her while she was gone. Actually, I was the one who suggested it. She said her thanks, asked me for my name, told me hers, and then she rushed off.

So I stayed in line, texting people, worrying, tapping my foot (ADHD symptom?) and lowkey stressing out about missing out on the watch party. And what's more, 1:30 had passed and that was when my next class started. But finally, I got my ID, and I rushed the heck out of that library and made the 3 minute walk to building G.

I arrived in class around 2:00 (after not being able to find the classroom for a few minutes) and I was in the green zone because [the same] Mr. Art Teacher was still doing his autobio introduction. So missing the first thirty minutes of class didn't really affect me because I'd heard Mr. Art Teacher's introduction four times already.

I stepped out of class once to eat my lunch because I hadn't yet, and once I walked back in, Mr. Art Teacher was done talking and was back to business. The rest of the class was pretty uneventful.

I went to Student Resources and tried to see about getting my decal sticker for the bus, but they weren't giving out stickers until the twelfth day of class. I don't know what's up with that, but it flopped my day.

So I rang up my dad and asked if he could take me home and he was already home. So I rang up my mom who was at Kroger, (I didn't know that) and she said she'd drop the groceries at home then get me. So I agreed and while I waited I posted my entire story on my IG story because it was soooo dramatic.

And then, I got home! Weee!

That's only Monday. Wait till I get into the rest of the days. But for now, I'm hoping this post will suffice. Have a great day!

Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts