Soft Pita Bread

I totally love how I never have planned titles for my blog posts.

I had soft pita bread for breakfast. It got kinda hard after I left it alone for maybe five minutes. Seriously, that's the same amount of time it feels like when you leave green bananas alone to ripen. Feel me?

Why did so much happen since Mudder's Day? Now I have to do many catching up. :(

Good thing I wrote some happenings down in my diary and math book. Let me get 'em. [there's one use for a math book ;)]

OOOOKAYH! Let us begin from May 13th...

May 13, 2015
In Quran class, sometimes there are little rebels in the dude's side who like to call the athaan at the wrong time. And sometimes, they don't even KNOW how to say the athaan. Asr here at the masjid is at 6:00pm. The time to call the athaan for Asr is somewhere around 5:40pm. These boys call the athaan at like 5:20. On this very day, after calling the athaan at the wrong time, this boy said, "Bruh," into the mike. I breathlaughed and S, who was behind me, did too. Then, perhaps 8 minutes after, the kid said, "Brehhh." It was funny but I also felt like socking the kid in the whole body for announcing to the whole masjid that he's the gangster type of kid. Anyway, near the end of class, the principal and idk the vice principal came into our classroom to get papers for the competition. While our teacher did something with them, the principals stood near my desk and listened to me read. I didn't wanna read in front of them, but I wanted to make a good impression since they know Daddy and Whammo (bro), so I read the last two ayahs of Surah Shuraa as beautifully as possible. Then Bro M corrected me. Sort of. I said it correctly, but he wanted to make sure he heard properly. THAT AWK MOMENT WHEN BRO M CORRECTS YOU!!! At least he corrects me tho. Sis H doesn't really pay much attention to me. Maybe Bro M should hire another version of himself named Sis M for the girls. Eh heh huh. I'm weird. O_o

And at night, I sat on the sofa in the living room with Z, doing my math. (And practicing for my future career as a fashion designer. Which doesn't mean doodling, btw.) He had a piece of paper and a pen with pink ink in his hands, and he seemed to be thinking about something. I had allowed him to use my newish pink ink pen to make a crossword puzzle for me, but he wasn't drawing one. I asked him several times, "When are you going to use that pink pen?" At perhaps the third inquiry, he snapped out of space and said, "When I draw blanks inshaAllah." (Blanks for the crossword puzzle.) I was like O MAI GAWD!! SO CUTE! And I wrote down his wise words in my notebook. In reply to him I said, "Oh, okay." Then I kept fashion designing. I mean, mathing. My keyboard ain't functioning.

Did I ever mention that Sis H gave my sis and I hijabs as a gift for the competition completion? Well, she did. The end.

She also gave me a look after I finished reading my competition surah to her. It was an "mmm-hmmm" face. And that face made me worry that I'd probably not place first. Like always.

May 15, 2015
Mom's friend from Maleesia (that is not how you spell it btw) was visiting from overseas, and we were supposed to meet her at someone's house at 6pm. Me and Mom and Z were walking into the musalla that was filled with the body heat and the aromas of perfume, shampooed hair, and feet. We were gonna walk into the other musalla where old people are allowed only, but then Mum stopped and said in surprise, "Eh!" Then she walked back to the carpet near the door where some ladies sat calmly and sat down. Well, whaddya know. A lady that sat there was Mum's friend. They said salam and then we listened to the khutbah like nothing happened. Then, after that, we gathered in front of someone's office to talk. Okay, so the reason Mum's friend came overseas was to see her cousin, and she brought her son who'd been studying in Indiana. And our plan was to chill later at Mum's friend's cousin's house. Anyway, as they were talking, S told me she was going to the bathroom. After she left, Mum and her friend (whom I shall call Auntie M) decided to get going. So Mum was like, "N, panggil S!" (Panggil S means call, or go get S.) So I went in the bathroom, saw no one, heard water and toilets, awkwardly called out my sister's name, got no response, and then ran out of the bathroom. I looked towards the place where my squad was supposed to be, but they had disappeared. I panicked and ran outside, and didn't see them there either. I saw Auntie M's son A with his dad Uncle N, but not Mum or Z or S or Auntie M. I ran past a horde of humans to get to the back of the masjid to find the van, in hope that the squad might be there, but they were NOT THERE. So I walked back to the front of the masjid and looked toward the road that leads to the library, and saw MUM!!! Relieved, I ran with all my might to meet them. I was sweltering and my feet hurt because I had done all that walking and running in my high-heeled sandals, which aren't the perfect running shoes. When I met up with them, Auntie M told me to stop walking, and she held up her phone to take a picture of me. I put on my exhausted smile face, and then we walked towards Auntie M's rented minivan. Uncle N drove us to the back of the masjid so we could get in our van and drive Auntie M to the Bayyinah campus for a look around. So we took pics at Bayyinah campus since we couldn't get inside cuz someone locked the doors. Then, we took Uncle N and Auntie M and A to our house to talk for a few hours. Then they left with Dad and Z to send the rented minivan back and other various doings. They didn't come back until much later, and the plan was changed to go to the house at 7pm since we already talked with Auntie M's fam for a longish time. So, yeah. After Asr at the masjid, we went to the store to buy food. Then we went to the house and I tried to sleep on the comfy leather couches cuz I was tired and bored. After Maghrib we ate a delicious meal of nasi ayam. We stayed until 11pm O_o.

May 16, 2015
The mall has nice stuff that sell for too much.

May 17, 2015
I went to an amusement park with my FAB (Fantastically Adorably Beautiful) friend, SA! But before that, I attended Z's final presentation at Sunday school. It was really cute and amusing. And in Z's classroom, where the kids had their food party, I was standing at the food table, waiting for an opportunity to sneak some cookies. Then, this little guy came along. He took a cookie, then said, "Hmm, this looks good. I think I'll take another one." So he added another one to his plate and looked at me to make sure I was watching him. I sure was, and I smiled at him. All the kids in there were so cute tho, mashaAllah. I wish I had been like them instead of that little shy girl.

Anyway, Daddy dropped us off at SA's house, even tho that wasn't part of the plan. We waited in the sitting room for them all to get ready. I was bored until SA's cat Zuki came towards us. I held out my hand to him and he sniffed it, and then he padded towards S. He'd never seen her in person before, so he had to make sure that she was a safe person to be around. He sniffed her hands and then started to lick them. Then he turned back to me and started licking all my fingers and even sucking on them. I was worried that he might choke on my fingers, but he didn't stop. He wouldn't look at me either. His eyes stared off into space as he sucked my fingers just like a kitten. I couldn't help laughing. Eventually I got him off. My two hands were covered in kitty saliva. Did I mind? No. Then, SA and her fam were ready to get going. We piled into the van in the garage and then were on our way to the park. Me and my sis were going for free cuz SA and her fam had passes to bring friends for free.

It took some time to find a parking space. We took the place of someone who was leaving. Imagine, had they not left, we'd have never found a parking space!! We joined the long line toward the admission area, and these songs were playing. Some were really chill so I had to show the world what a great dancer I am. The line was so long doe. We finally got there tho, and I stuck with SA's sister MA cuz I was her free friend. Lel. Then we ran into the park and tried on some hats that a street vendor was selling. After taking some pics, we looked for a ride.

We tried the Viper, and it probably took us an hour to finally get on the ride. Part of the line snaked into this little room with fans overhead and a little TV screen high up in one corner. It played weird advertisements and shows and even a 1D music video. MA created a wonderful little song that went "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" And as we got closer to the ride, we changed the song to, "We're almost there!" and "We're normal! We're normal!" I'll bet everyone there thought we were lying about our normalness. When we finally got our turn, it was awk cuz SA and MA and S took up all the seats and I was just standing there forever alonely. Then I got on MA's lap. SA sat in the front, S sat in the back, and I sat in the middle with MA. DAT RIDE DOE. It was so crazy and amazing and my peeps and I screamed the whole ride. Note that I do not scream on rides out of fear. I scream cuz I'm thrilled. After the ride we looked for a bathroom cuz MA wanted to fix her hijab. SA went with her, and S and I waited for them outside. Then we ended up going in there too. There were no mirrors there except for one over the diaper-changing area. And someone was using it. Wonderful. After MA was finished, we looked at a nearby map to figure out where to go next. Some cleaning guy asked us if we needed any help. And we were like, "No, we're just deciding where to go next." And he was like, "Are you looking for thrills or something more mediocre?" And we were like, "Thrills!" And he stepped up to point at the map and said, "My personal favorite is the Titan." And we were like, "Okay, thanks," and set off toward the Titan.

Again, long line. And this time were in a line with people weirder than us. Me and MA were going first. So again, MA screamed her loudest and broke my eardrums (hehehe) and I even vomited a little in my mouth. But it stayed inside. It was the best ride ever!!! Then all too soon it was over. Then S and SA got on, and MA and I took a stroll through the gift shop. I had told MA earlier that "All the best people I know are named Maryam," and she'd turned around and said, "Really?" and I was like "Yep! My best friend's name is Maryam!" and she was like "Oh.... so does this mean we can be best friends?" and I was like "Yeah, sure!" So when we were in the gift shop she found some BFF things and said, "This is perfect!" And I was like "Yup!" Too bad I was too broke to buy anything tho lol. Then we left the gift shop and waited for SA and S to come towards us. Then, as we watched them come, I had to wonderful notion to hide. So we sat down on the sidewalk casually looking at the map and not really hiding. Then S and SA met up with us and SA was like, "Why were you running?"

As we walked towards our next ride, we passed by this theater where some little girls were singing "Let It Go." We sang along with them as we passed by. And I had the partly serious notion to get up there too and sing something.

Let's see... after that, MA got two cokes at a vending machine (she intended to get one but the machine gave her two), and SA got two churros. Hmm.... after that, we went on this ride that was SuperMan themed. I don't remember its name. But it was okay.

The last ride we went on was the Texas Skyscreamer. Me and MA planned to tell one of the employees hi because we saw their name tag and we wanted to kinda creep her out. So when we passed by her, MA said "Hi Ashtin!" and Ashtin was like "HI! :)" and when I passed I was like, "Hi Ashtin!" and she was like "Hi!" And I wanted to LOL cuz of MA's daredevilishness. We ran towards a free swing and buckled up. Then the swings rose up so high and we swung around and around and around and everyone looked at us from below jealously.

After the ride, we decided to head back to SA's family so we could pray Asr. We walked to a bathroom so our peeps could make wudu. When we were in the bathroom, this lady in the bathroom told us that she had seen this guy following us and watching us. And she also said she had searched the whole area and couldn't find him, so we were okay. We were really creeped out tho. So we rushed to go find SA's mom and bros. We finally found 'em and they prayed and then we took some pictures and then walked towards the van and were on our way home. We also had a little history lesson on why Six Flags is called Six Flags. And we also sung our song "Are We There Yet?"

Twas amazing. I have much more updates, but I will post them in a new post inshaAllah. Thanks for reading!! <3

Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts