Let Me Go...Out To The World

I realized I focus more on my work in any place except my home.

In Quran class, I tackle a whole page in an hour or less. Even with loud kids around me and getting called on by my teacher.

I remember, even before we moved, I sometimes worked (meaning, did my math) in the backyard and got (more) tanned (hehehe). We didn't have a fancy table or back porch, but I liked being out in the sun, and it was peaceful. What helped me focus most? Ice creeeeaaamm (unless it was spring or winter... yeah... I wouldn't work in that type of weather...).

I seriously think I'm secretly one of those types of animals who hibernates in the winter. When the air gets cold, I see no point in living until the world warms up again. Winter makes me sleepy.

I don't focus at home because I know I can access everything at home. The internet, the food, the baking supplies, the laundry. Those things distract me. If I'm in a place where I KNOW I can't access those types of things, I'll focus. Really. Maybe I should go to school.

I'm a boring person, right? Huhu.

I went to my bud S's house on Wednesday. (K, let's call her SA so as to not confuse her with my sister S.) It was crazy 'cause I did all these things with no help by myself and still managed to get ready to go to her house on time.

Let the story begin!

Keep this in mind... my big sister and two little brothers were home throughout all this madness.

So I was the first to wake... actually, I stayed up after Fajr cuz my mom forced me to. (heh) My bro went back to sleep and my sis went back to bed. I, however, being the wonderful sensible sister, decided to begin the day with breakfast and homework. (heh) The maintenance guy was supposed to come and fix the air conditioner and my mom's bathtub drain. I expected my bro to handle the maintenance guy because he was home, and he's a dude, like maintenance guys. But when the guy knocked, I rushed to my bro's room and told him the guy was here. Bro just looked at me and then back at his phone. I went to my room and waited for him to come out and open the front door. But he never did. My sis told me to just open the door. So I rushed into my presentable not really attire and opened the door. He was like, "Hi, I'm here to fix the air conditioner and, um... (looks at paper in hand then back at me) a bathtub drain?"

"Yes," I said, nodding. He asked for the room with the power sources, which was my room, and my sis was in there, so I was like, "Give me a moment." So I went inside and did some cleaning, and my sis hid under her blanket. Then I let the guy in and opened our closet doors. "It's behind here," I said, pushing some clothes out of the way. He gathered them up and held them out of his way to open the power source and switch some things off. Then he went out and stared at the AC for a while and said, "I'm going to go upstairs and check on the AC, okay?" When he said this I was like whaaat becuz there is no upstairs becuz we're on the second story. But I realized he meant the roof. So I was like, "Okay," and he went outside, and I went back to my homework. After he fixed the AC he fixed the bathtub drain, and then left. He had to go in and out of the door a couple times, and had to go in my room again too, and unlike some of the other maintenance guys, he was pretty respectful of the fact that we ladies needed to be covered and prepared before guys came in, because when he entered in the door after working on the roof, he knocked and said, "Maintenance," and opened the door slightly, and came in only when I said, "Come in." Also, when he had to go to my room again, he pointed at the closed door and asked, "Can I go in?" Mashaa Allah walhamdulillah. It was very convenient that this guy came rather than the usual kinda rude guys cuz my bro was home and wasn't helpful and all. I did not want to deal with a rude maintenance guy. Now, moving on...

I took about three hours writing the outline for my essay and then writing it, and then my brother wanted to play with me (the older one). Throughout this essay-writing and playing, I was making cookies. It was a long process, filling the cookie sheets and putting them  in the oven and taking them off to cool and uhh!! Much work. Anyhow. We played until I got to my senses and told him I should go and cook the chicken. He was like "Make it good, don't make random pastes." Like oh please. Ya don't like my cooking honey? Den don't LIVE wid me.

Okay. To the point. I mixed up a weird paste in the blender that tasted bland but spicy. I made it more mild with some tomato stuff. Then I almost got myself on fire by being dangerous with the oil and then I poured in the diced dead chicken muscle and stirred it around. I put my faith into the stove so I covered the pot and went to go make wudu and pray. After I prayed, I took a shower, and I really rushed through it cuz I was very low on time. When I came out of the shower, I had like twenty minutes left. They were supposed to come steal me at 3:10, and it was 2:50. Being a usually punctual person, I panicked. I packed my bag, and half-got-ready, then rushed the check my chicken. The bottom of the pot was kinda burnt. I moved come chicken around with the spoon and then turned off the fire. My brother, still out there playing, helpfully commented, "It smells like burning."

If I wasn't the wonderful, sensible sister that I am, I would have remarked, "Yeah, I wonder why, you useful little helmet-head!" Thankfully, I am a wonderful, sensible sister, so I kept quiet and moved the pot to another burner to cool. I tasted a piece of chicken that burnt my tongue. So after drinking water and eating a cookie, I went out to the front balcony and waited for SA's car to pull in. (Thankfully dey were late cuz I was goin crazy) I saw a white car come in and I thought it was her, but it wasn't. So I ate another cookie and waited some more, and then I saw a red van pull in. And I saw SA wave at me from inside there. Yaaayy!! I quickly drank more water to diminish my tongue-burn and thundered down the stairs with my fancy heeled sandals. Which isn't safe when you got a tote bag with deathly heavy math textbooks inside.

I got in the van and SA was like, "Assalamu alaikum!" and her mum who has the same name as my amazing  sister was like "Assalamu alaikum!" I was like, "Wa alaykum salam" (x2). Then I started blabbing and rambling about random stuff like I always do, and while we were talking I noticed a little black beetle crawling on my skirt. I let it crawl on my hand and stared at it. SA was like, "Aww, cute." Then she told me that when she did her homework in her backyard, a caterpillar crawled on her blanket. She said it was cute and furry, and omg it was. She showed me a video she took of it. Daww :3

Then we pulled up to her back driveway and went inside the house. SA's Mom was like, "Assalamu alaikum everybody! We have company." And I was thinking, "I'm only one person doe. Plz don't announce me like dat lol." Buuuut, me and SA went to work in the living room, and I saw SA's cat come towards us and he approached me bravely and started sniffing me. I dunno if he recognized me from the first encounter a couple months ago, but he was pretty comfortable with my company. I scratched his fluffy chin and fluffy ears. Then he flopped down beside us and stretched. SA's mom asked us, "So are you guys going to do work or hangout?" and I was like, "A litta bitta both." And SA's Mom laughed and said, "Okay." Then she told SA to pray Dhuhr. SA was like "k" and then she asked me if I needed anything and that they had fruit. I was like, "I think you should pray first, and then worry about that." She was like "k" and "You can play with the cat." So I completed a few math questions and petted the cat while SA prayed. Then after SA prayed we kinda worked and then SA's mom came and suggested we go work in SA's room. So we packed our things up and moved to SA's room. We did work for a while, I think, and then we talked about something and got distracted by stuff. Then SA's mom came to tell us that the food was ready. So like greedy little kids we went to go eat.

SA's Mom is a very good cook, mA. She made tomato sauce with chicken and rice macaroni. SA and I ate on the wonderful floor with her adorbs ticklish sister and adorbs brother who was trying to hide from creepy me. Our plan was to chill until it was time for me to go to Quran class and then walk to the masjid, but it kinda didn't work out like that cause it was like 4:50 and SA said the masjid was about 10 minutes away walking. So SA's Mom took us there by their fancy white car with the heavy doors. Then I ran to Quran class like a little hobo.

And that is the story of my hectic day with no assistance from anyone in the house.

Now, moving on. Next Monday, I have a competition for Quran class on Surah Hashr. I think I'll ace it this time, iA. Sis H said she would give us prizes. And yesterday my sister S was at Sis H's desk and I was at a desk nearby and S said, "There's no balls under here!"

And I didn't believe her and then I told her to look under the other desk, and S said there was a pink ball there. But no blue balls. Strange. Although I have noticed that Sis H doesn't roll her feet on balls anymore. Probably because she read this blog and now knows too much. Oops!! :I

Thanks for reading! Until next time! :]

Comments

Popular Posts