Mayday Mayday Where Have the Days Gone-ay

Why don't we just jump right in?

Friday, May 1, 2015

Let's skip the Jumuah part, shall we? 6:00pm, we prayed Asr at the masjid, then headed to the auditorium/multipurpose hall for the opening of the Building Bridges Dawah Conference. Um, someone gave a talk, then they sent us upstairs for a youth talk with Sheikh Hamza Tzortzis and Nasser Karimian. We talked about spending time wisely and umm I actually don't remember and I should have taken notes wait I do have some notes BRB. SO. They said "Do one good deed apart from the obligatory ones that is just between you and Allah." They made three points but I failed to catch the second and third. -.- A preview of what I'd be like in onsite class. Like "WHAAT? HUH? WHO'S THIS? WHUT?" Anyway, they also said this really deep thing. "Don't think less of yourself, think of yourself less. -Nasser Karimian" After the youth talk, we went downstairs for another talk, probably by Hamza Tzortzis 'cause he was the big talk of the whole conference. Volunteers walked around the chairs holding papers that said "Keep quite" and "Please watch your children." And no, that's not a typo I made. That's a typo THEY made. So I'm sitting with my buds, and I see the Keep quite paper and I'm like "look" and they're like "smh" at the typo. And I took out my little "Be Yourself" notepad and wrote down that little incident to keep for a blog post later. Then a lady said her shahadah, which was so amazing. Some ladies went to give her a hug, me being amongst them. It was a little scary going in front of everyone, but a future public speaker/singer/actor has gotta do what she doesn't wanna do.

Saturday, May 2, 2015
I arrived at the masjid with a dream and my cardigan--jk I don't have either. I went to the auditorium and sat somewhere. 'Mazing right. This girl next to me kept fixing her hijab and her mom or something behind us said, "Don't touch your hijab, it's fine." And I was laughing under my poker face. Then this girl two rows in front kept fixing her hijab too, and I was like, calm yo shiny sparkly milky-white hijab, girlie!! Then we prayed Dhuhr and I attended the "Hijab as Da'wah" talk, which was really, really amazing. I learned so much. At Asr prayer, there were these three girls at the wall with a woman, and one girl was playing a game on a phone, and everyone watched, including the woman, and I was like lol, smh, this gen. Like, an adult watching children play a game. Funny and disappointing. Then later at the huge dinner in the auditorium, we watched a video expressing Muslims in the USA, and in the video, someone asked a girl what came to mind when someone mentioned Muslims, and she said "7-11." For a second I was like, ugh, bruh. Then I realized the hilariousness in the error and LOLed. So, Muslims remind you of the most beloved slushie place, huh, girlie. Thank you for that. Then, there was a fundraiser thingy, and my friend M was playing on her phone. She was waiting for Baba Ali's show to go on, but the fundraising went over time. The guy doing the fundraising said a dua for a family who donated money, and M was like "Ameen now get off the stage." XD I think earlier than that, M's twin R was eating her dinner and R didn't want her chicken, and we were full, so R looked at one of the old ladies sitting at our table said said "Would you like some chicken my lady?" XD Anyway, Baba Ali's show was chill. I can't believe I finally saw him in person!! But he was like 15 feet away and I saw the side of him. Whatevs!! XD

Sunday, May 3, 2015
My peeps couldn't believe it was May already. Saame! Anyway, yeah, the Dawah workshop was really really great. We practiced how to do dawah, and also, for some reason, some non-Muslims were taking a tour of the masjid. My bud N was like "Did you set this up?" But he didn't answer lol. Anyway yea, they gave out free T-shirts at the end only in XXL XD and that's what I got lol. Then I chilled at my bud S's house and we ate our burgies at the AMAZING PARK THAT REMINDS ME OF NM SO MUCH. There were these turkey duck dinosaur faced birds at the pond. Lake. Pond. Idk it was one of those.

The end, and until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts