Y'all Are A Li'l Confused

Something that really bothers me is how people incorrectly spell the slang terms "y'all" and "li'l."

What makes you think they're spelled like "ya'll" and "lil'?"

"You all" is shortened to "y'all" (pronounced "ye all"). The way other people spell it, "ya'll" (pronounced ya'ull) is incorrect, because you're supposed to emphasize on the "all" part. Pronounce both of those, you'll see I'm right. And if you disagree, feel free to argue with me in the comments.

As for "lil'," which bothers me even more than "ya'll," WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO PUT THE APOSTROPHE AFTER THE WORD LIL?! That literally makes no sense! You're trying to make up a quick way to say "little" so you put in a li'l jump between "li" and "l." Therefore, an easier way of saying "little" is born! Why put the little jump AFTER the contraction? Lil'uh? C'mon, who taught this to the society?

If you ask me, I'd say y'all need a li'l more education than you think.

Then again, just don't be lazy and simply say every word.

~

Last night I went swimming with my buds. My pecs are so sore because I did the frog stroke the whole time. Hey, if I go swimming every day of the week, my pecs would get so big that I could pass for a man, just like Mulan! #mulanisgoals #mulanisthebestdisneymovie #disneyneedstomakemoremovieslikemulan

I just finished reading a book called Allie, First At Last by Angela Cervantes. I really liked it and I finished it just in one day. It's about a girl who wants to feel like she belongs in her family by winning an award for the first time in her life. I felt right at home reading that book because I feel the same. Read the book, guys. Just read it.

My mom is now hooked on Candy Crush, therefore depriving me of all my lives. Her addiction to it is even worse than mine! Additionally, she doesn't know the rudiments of the game.

Ah... summer is coming, you guys! Five more weeks until school is over for me! Whee! And 64 more days until Ramadan! Let this year be a productive one, ameen! 

My story is in another tab waiting for me to write in it, so I'll stop blabbering and head on over there.

Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts