My Weekend (Apr 9-10)

(PRECAUTION: This was meant to be posted two weekends ago. #procrastination)

Let me tell you about my weekend!
A short summary in bullet points...

  • I FINALLY got new clothes!
  • I went on a bus to a secret studio!
  • 100 students from a Christian school came to visit the local masjid!
  • SA's cat fell asleep in my lap with his paws curled up and it was freakin' adorable!
Okay. Now to elaborate.

Also, my belly just farted.

Okay. I have ensured that there will be no more bodily function interruptions, so I shall now proceed to elaborate.

I hope my classmates never find out about this blog because I am hella strange. 

ELABORATION TIME!

Ew, my hair got stuck in my mouth.

SO!!! We usually go shopping at the healthy food store every Saturday morning, but this weekend, our first stop was Ross. Oh, and S drove. Abi was giving her guidelines, and one of them was, "If N starts feeling dizzy, your driving is not good." And I wasn't dizzy, so yay.

Anyway, I wasn't really planning to get clothes because Abi is very reluctant about clothes shopping. I did need a yoga mat, however. (Yes, I am going to do yoga. I start tomorrow.) I chose the only pink mat they had. It's a light pink mat with words in darker pink that say, "I bend so I don't break."

Then, I fingered the clothes with S just for fun and to torture ourselves. 

Then Abi told H to go look for pants and then I said that I needed new pants because I wear the same pair of pants everyday (no lie). So he told me to go look for pants (yay!). 

I took a pair of identical blue skinny jeans and went to go try them out in the fitting rooms. The fit was fabulous. I put the jeans back in our cart. 

Ummi told me to look at the clearance shirts if I liked any of them. So I took, like, six, and piled them into the cart (yes, if you let me shop for clothes I will ransack them aisles). I left one shirt in the cart and took five shirts to the fitting room. I came out with five, and the lady asked me how I liked them, and I for some reason said I liked all of them. But then, as I was walking back to find mi familia, I realized that two of them would just never make it to my closet. So I put them back on the racks even though I could have simply made up my mind and left them to the lady at the fitting rooms! Oh, N, what are you doing with your life? (hey, at least I don't regret my decision. they were never really good shirts.)

Anyway, after that, I looked at the dresses with Ummi and S. Those dresses were either too bling-blingy, too short, or too old-fashioned. Only few, as always, were the way we liked them. But we ended up just getting one, for Ummi. Abi bought all my shirts and both my jeans! Yay! And S got this long black coat/shirt thingy with several gold buttons. Guys, she gave up a pretty peach dress for that. 

After that we went to Sprouts to get snacks and nuts and fruits. I got a new lip balm that has two ends. One is lip tint and the other is lip shimmer. I really like it!

For snacks we bought Nut Thins crackers, peanut butter granola bars, chocolate chip granola bars, harvest berry granola bars, and heart bars.

I was also going to mention that I got a new lotion bottle, but then I realized I've had it for a couple of weeks now.

Later in the afternoon at 4:10 we headed toward Bayyinah campus. We waited in the cold wind for like ten minutes for the bus to come. And when we got in the bus we waited another ten minutes for the bus to leave. I was anticipating a nice, long, two-hour bus ride where the sun would come in and out of the clouds, and where I could lay my head against the window and take a nice nap. But that didn't happen. The ride was only about 20 minutes long, and the sun never came out, and I was not sleepy. And it pulled up to a place that literally looked like a jail!!! I found three front seats for me, Nr, and Mra. After some of us prayed Asr, we sat back down. We were all really confused about the mysterious studio we were brought into, so Nr tried searching our location. One of her results was "The Bomb Factory," and we all died about that.
They gave us gyros and I was only able to eat half of mine before the lecture started. But I wasn't really hungry, anyway.

(FAST FORWARD BECAUSE I'M TOO LAZY TO SAY WHAT HAPPENED NEXT)

We went home.

The next day, I had to wake up early because a school of 100 students from a Christian school were coming to visit the masjid and we wanted to come see. so when we got there, we saw them standing outside the masjid and we sneaked inside behind them. We helped set up the room and tables. then Imam Nick came in with the group and put up his PowerPoint. He discussed the five pillars of Islam and then asked for questions. After questions was breakfast time. I had to go do random things so I missed out on the donuts. But when everyone began leaving, two girls came to talk with us. Sweetest girls ever! :D

After the event, we chilled at SA's house and ate food while watching a movie about an Indian girl who wanted to become a boxer. It gave me so much anxiety. And SA's cat Zuki slept on my lap with his cute paws curled up! <3 AAAAHHGHGHGG

At dhuhr time we left because karate was at 3.

THE END

Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts