Love the Losers

I've begun to notice that the people I tend to sympathize with most in any friend group I happen to be part of are the reserved people whom one might dub the "less fortunate," which is a euphemism for the more harsh description, "losers."

I notice when someone is feeling left out. I am aware of whoever does not have that one go-to person. Related or not to my writer's instincts, I am quite observant in several situations and I always point out what others overlook. I have been known to say such things that leave people at a loss for words. I feel that these elements also pertain to the way I look at people. For example, pointing out what others overlook can compare to befriending those whom others forget the existence of.

To put this simply, I am never found in the popular group. Perhaps this may come as a surprise to you, but that just shows how well you know me. And may I add, I do not seclude myself from the popular groups by choice. I like to put myself with the silent people, who are usually the much younger company. People of my age just do not click with me and I just do not fit in with them. And that's okay. I just don't have the time or patience for people who always have something to say, who always wear extravagant clothing, and who always act so happy all the time. I know that last one may seem a bit strange, but in all honesty, we need to act real in front of our peers. We can't have everybody thinking our lives are perfect. At least, for once, show us some attitude! At the same time I know we should always give everyone a good attitude when we meet them, but we always need some time to ourselves. If being in a group of people drains out our energy or even happiness, we just shouldn't be with them. If they genuinely crave our presence, they will ask for it. I know that sometimes people just ask about me only because my presence has become a norm. Nobody actually expects me anywhere. I kid you not. I'm not just putting myself down as bait for pity. This is the truth.

Let me just get straight to the point, for I went off-tangent. I am not a popular girl, and I choose not to be. I love, actually love, the less fortunate and less popular kids in a group. Probably because I am a loser myself, and I'm fine with that. Hey, even my best friend is what everyone else would call a loser. I'm actually quite okay with that, because having a best friend who isn't popular means that she can always be mine and no one else can steal her. Speaking of which... friend-stealing has become the biggest problem of this pathetic chapter of the pathetic story of my life.

Don't you just hate little friend cliques? Nope, not hate. I'd say despise is more appropriate. It goes like this. Suddenly two people become so close to each other, leaving you, thinking you were special to them, to rot and wallow away in a cloud of anxiety and a puddle of blood that formed from that stab in your back. Yeah. That's it in a nutshell.

I know this world needs variety, but how I wish everyone in the world was a loser. A quiet, observant, down-to-earth loser who knows what it's like to be left out, to be pushed away, to be a second choice, and to be of the aforementioned less fortunate. I love these people, and if they're reading this, I hope they know who they are.

Love these people. Love the losers.

Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts