Remove My Manicure

[Wednesday, 23 September 2015]

I thought of getting an unofficial manicure since Eid is on the way, but my nails just don't work with cosmetics like nail polish, so I'm going to remove my nail polish today and decorate my hands with bracelets instead. Nail polish stinks anyway. No, I didn't go to a nail salon. Why waste cash on that? No offense to the girlies who do go to nail salons!!

I've come to the conclusion that I am a girly girl, but I'm too lazy to do stuff like make up and hairdos. The only make up I ever wear is lipstick. I do have a face routine, but it's just moisturizing my face. And I just don't have much experience with hair.

Anyway, I went to drawing class at Michael's yesterday. The experience in five words: Dude teachers are extremely immature.

I had another dude teacher of 19 years teach drawing class yesterday. When I found the teacher while looking for the classroom, I asked if he was the drawing teacher even though I already knew he was the teacher (just to start the convo, you know. you can't just be like "bruh, let's go draw, namean?"). He was like, "I am the teacher, but I'm looking for my students. If it's only you..."

Heck, I didn't want the class to be just me. If the teacher was a lady, that'd be fine. But this guy was a dude and I didn't want to be in class alone with a dude teacher, namean? To add to that, the teacher had a friend with him who was also a dude, and he didn't seem like the safe type of guy. I dunno lol.

When I walked into the breakroom, there was a lady there and I felt safe immediately. But turns out she was only an employee and I was the only student! Sob sob awkward!! We didn't start class rightaway because the teacher wanted to wait for other students in case there were other students. Eventually these Indians came and dropped their Grandma off. Good 'nuff, I thought.

I had no idea what we were going to draw, but I had a hunch it would be Halloween themed. In my painting class on Monday, we painted pumpkins. I don't really have much to say about that class because the teacher was a nice lady and she was mature. :)

Honestly, I can't remember what happened. Aghh.

We drew skeletons. During the whole two hours I kept staring at the other lady wondering if she thought it was ridiculous to draw skeletons especially at that age, know what I mean? She looked so serious doe. 
We drew this. Well, this is my version. They drew skeleton wizards. I just did one that woke up from the dead, clad in sleep wear. 

I can't wait for my arm knitting class this Monday. 

[Saturday, 26 September 2015]

Eid al-Adha Mubarak, fellow Muslims!!

Eid has passed, guys! How was it for you all? Only sad thing for me was that I didn't get to see all my friends PLUS spend any time with them. We spent the whole day at a slaughterhouse/farm to get meat. I didn't like the way the cows were slaughtered because they got headshotted before getting neck-slitted, but I guess there was no other way since the poor cows were terribly frightened which lead them to not cooperate. And cows are huge. In NM we would just go to a farm, grab a goat or two, and do it right there. I liked it better there. Less modern. But I'm here now, so no complaining.

And yesterday I went ot a party at a friend's house to spend time with buds and eat food and exchange gifts. My secret gift-giver turned out to be my very ownly sister! How ... er, weird! That's why all the messages from my secret elf were so blunt and--shall I say--rude. A little rude. XD

Oh, and my gift was a bootiful art set. I wonder how much it cost. She wouldn't tell me.

Today, S, Z, and I did a bunch of chalk pastel paintings. S's are pweety awesome!!! She did hers with colored pencil, and I did mine with the pastels. I don't have pictures of S's, but I got mine. They're on Facebook though and I'm too lazy to download them and upload them here.

Well, if I get this blog post on the iPad I can do it from there. Excuses.

I don't really have anything else to tell you guys. Adios.

Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts