Four Weeks In Where Are We

I haven't posted here in so long that I even thought twice when entering the URL of this blog to come and finally write a post. I thought, wait, what's the URL again? Then I was like, oh yes.

My apologies for not posting for more than three weeks. Four weeks into Ramadan (yes, innit crazy!?) and I haven't posted but two non-interesting posts. And now, there's too many important things to remember and write down. But, I'll list the important things.

~ SA and fam came back from Indiana. SQUEE!
~ Nr, SA, and I got caught talking by the volunteers three times. The first time, Nr and I were walking into the east musalla talking about cars or something relevant, and we didn't realize our surroundings until a huge white thing zipped in front of my face. I glanced around and saw the volunteer holding her huge white "No Talking Please" sign between me and Nr. I grinned sheepishly and didn't say anything, and the sign went away. Nr and I found a place on the carpet and sat down. Another time was during the break between taraweeh rakaats. MA, SA, Nr, and I were sitting all next to each other, and then Nr got up to leave for a bit, and I saved her spot by lying down on SA's lap. I asked her what to bring to art club the next day, and she replied, and suddenly out of nowhere the volunteer was behind us, holding her sign. She even fanned us with it. I was like, LEL. The last time she caught us was when Nr, SA, and I were sitting next to each other, of course talking, and then boom. The sign was above our heads. And the volunteer tapped it. This girl whom I don't know who was beside me did a face like :-ooo. I guess she thought we should have been embarrassed but we weren't. I grinned and then we all left the masjid to go outside for a while until I reminded Nr that her mom saved places for us.
~ There was a storm and a blackout one Saturday.
~ We had iftaar at someone's house one time.
~ We had iftaar at SA's house yesterday.
     - There were four families invited total. Five moms and eighteen kids :O
     - We had pizza
     - We had a screaming party
     - I pretended to cry on MA and a guest named AS and our moms stared at us weird
     - I threw a fake tantrum on the ground and cried and pounded the ground and Nr thought I was forreals.
     - We played one short game of telephone before erryone had to leave.
     - It was hilarious because all the little kids joined us in our crying game.
~ We've started an art club with SA, Nr, me, SA, and Raad. So far we've had two meetings. Raad hasn't attended any yet, and Nr didn't attend the second meeting. On the first meeting day, we drew butterflies while listening to nasheeds and freaking out about lecture videos about jinns. Then we decided to end art club when a girl poked her head in our meeting room and asked us to quiet down because she could hear us from two study rooms away. She enjoyed the nasheeds doe.
~ On July 4th, the squad was supposed to go to a fireworks show at a park, but I didn't go and Nr went there late. SA however was able to see 15 minutes' worth of fireworks.

Ugh, that's all I can remember for now. If I missed anything else important, comment below!!

Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts