Rheumatism

I feel like I have rheumatism.

That's what happens when you play tennis and take karate class in one day. Alright, perhaps it wouldn't hurt if I didn't pull off my amazing moves during tennis and take karate seriously. But I can't help it!!!! I feel like I wanna play tennis again now. Or basketball. Or rollerblade. I can't rollerblade, though, because I don't have a brake on one of them. And judging from my history of things on wheels, I really need a brake. ;)

Pun intended, of course!!

There's a really funny story behind that. I was probably under the age of nine (that's when Z was born) because I don't recall Z being there. And probably, if Z was there, this never would have happened. Or maybe something even more embarrassing would have happened.

ANYWAY. So it was a normal day at the park. S, H, and I were riding bikes through the beautiful bike trail where green-leafed walls stood tall. Mom and Dad were behind us, and I don't remember what they were doing. OH, nvm. They were FILMING us. And that's what makes this incident so embarrassingly hilarious. Right, H and S?

I was behind H and S, far behind, as always. There was a downward hill that I pedaled really quickly on and I tried to brake. I was going too fast, though. I pressed the brake on the right bike handle. Nobody told me I had to press BOTH!! I crashed into -- er, something. Okay, I crashed. It was a ditch, I think. I assume Mom screamed and hurried to get it on camera, while Dad tried to get me out.

H and S don't let me forget that. But I guess since I'm writing this I'm reminding them. Whatever. We all do stupid things, don't we?

Back to my rheumatism. I have shoulder pains, elbow pains, hip pains, and knee pains. 'Swhat happens when you sock a ball over the high walls of the court.

End of rheumatism.

Back to the babysitting stories. Last Wednesday, I took the two munchkins outside on a stroller ride for the first time. Not first time for them. For me. If it was their first time I'd probably be in jail right now for taking kids around a neighborhood and not really knowing where to go back. And losing someone's two young'uns.

Kidding. I actually could find my way around, with the help of the older child, M. The stroller was a two-seater. The two seats faced different ways. M sat in the one that faced me, and Y sat in the one that faced outwards. M, somehow from her position, seemed to have eyes in the back of her head and told me the directions. There was also a pool where she told me to unbuckle her so she could go and stare at the water for a bit.

Kids who are smarter than me make me sad. 

That stroller ride was the most tiring thing I ever did!! Pushing a heavy stroller uphill is a real challenge. I was panting and wailing when we finally got home. Minus the wailing. I unlocked the front door (their mom was out at the store. she's usually home when I go babysit. and yes there's a point behind that. while i entertain the kids, the mom cooks) and went inside, opened the door that lead to the garage, and then told the kids to back away. I hoisted the stroller inside the house and rolled it into the garage. M was impressed. Y was appalled. jk I wish

Actually, M was impressed. She was like, "Wow, you are..." and I didn't hear the rest. Fill in the blank if you please, people!


The second day was Thursday. I was fasting my Ramadan make-up day. The kids seemed to enjoy the ride from the other day, so they were all over me, squealing "Walk! Walk! Let's walk!" But their mom didn't want us to go out until the sun went down a little more. When we did go out, though, it was still STEAMIN' like a hot dog.

Wait, rewind a few. When I buckled them both up in the same stroller we used last time, M told me to get her out so she could show me a different stroller. I was like, mkay, and unbuckled her. M got out and showed me another stroller they had. I was like, erm, this one we used last time is just fine. (I said that mostly because I was lazy to get that huge thing out XD) And she said, "No, let's use this one so you don't get tired."

Either she cared about me a whole dang lot, or she wanted the ride to be nice without me stopping every few minutes and panting like a ... like a tired person. But I was like, DAWWWWW!!! I didn't say that though. I was just like it. You know what I mean?

So I was like, k, and tried to unfold the stroller. How am I supposed to know how to open a stroller if I have no experience, eh? M had to call her mom to help unfold it. Their mom gave me four cheese sticks and then we were on our way.

I started out joyfully. I actually ran down the hill and went as fast as possible. Then I got tired and wondered how I would survive life if I was moving so slowly and home was so far away? I got home doe!!! Bad idea to talk a walk in the heat if you can't drink water until sunset!

The good that came out of it was that I got paid. Yayayaya!!

Tonight I have drawing class at Michael's. I hope it isn't taught by someone who knows nothing about drawing and excels instead in... architecture, for example.

And hopefully, I don't pierce my skin with anything that might make me bleed. Especially because I'm fasting and running blood breaks your fast.

Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts