This is creepy.

Everything is creepy.

For one thing, I always blog here every Thursday. That's creepy. For another thing, I found myself baking every Wednesday. I assume the reason was probably because I had no classes on Wednesday. Well, now that Ummi has graduated from Bayyinah and most of my classes are over, I don't have Wednesdays to myself anymore. I can't remember the last time I baked. For another thing, my sister and I always use the same color hijab when we're getting ready to go somewhere. It's either her wearing red first or me. It's never on purpose. That's what makes it creepy. I'm actually a pretty superstitious person, and I think my sister and I share some sort of mental link. Telepathy or whatever.

Anyway, too much has happened, and I haven't found the time or peace to get down and write. It's hard enough when everyone usually hangs in the living room, which is also where the computers are. And I don't like people watching me write.

I don't like it when I'm excited for something but then I remember another thing that should make me sad. That's how I feel right now. I'm excited for Ramadan, but very sad that Bayyinah is over and all my mom's classmates are leaving. On Monday, I accompanied her in the adventure to take Haaj's family to the airport. It was the most saddening day of 2015. However, it's reassuring to know that the first day of 2015 was spent with them in my little apartment.

Anyway, before I elaborate on that, I have to mention what happened on May 23, and the following days.

Saturday, May 23, 2015
I was sad and quiet all morning because of a dream in which terrible things happened. I'll mention what it was about later. I think I was also nervous because I had to have hijaamah later. Boohoo. Having hijaamah makes me cry. I probably need to have it weekly to get used to it and stop crying. Anyway, I didn't want to go first, so Mom went, and I watched Sis S do it. Mom sat on the chair backwards, and I sat in front of her, so I saw her face, and I didn't see what Sis S was doing on Mom's back. I survived watching the process, until Sis S suctioned the skin under Mom's ear. EWW. I kept my composure and watched until I couldn't bear it anymore. I turned around in my chair and looked at the mirror instead. What had I seen? Definitely enough! When it was my turn, I cried so bad that the tears ran down the chair. Why even was I crying? This was my third time having hijaamah. You'd think I got used to it. Nope! Anyway, after it was all over, I went to a dosa party with mom. Dosas are desi pancakes. I was still in pain and still sad, so I wasn't as crazy as I'd normally be at those kinds of girlie parties. I mainly stayed with Mom and ate, and then sat on the couch with people. Didn't talk, just spectated. Then, a little child named Az asked me to watch Winnie the Pooh with him. I was like, ok, so I did. The episode was about Tigger learning about birthdays, and all of Hundred Acre Wood was gonna celebrate it. I didn't get to finish watching cuz we had to leave. Lel. I slept on the way home and in my bed when we got home. I guess I got a little energized after the nap but I was still sad. There was a storm that took away the internet, so I ate food, moped about on the couch, and didn't have a life. All the way until 7pm, when I had to leave to a city far far away with Kbar. Of course, right when I had to go, the internet came back. Ouuuch!! Kbar picked us up, then another friend, Hbh, and then we were on our way. She took us to this masjid where we were having a qiyam, hosted by a few students of Qalam. The qiyam was about duaa. We had food. And Kbar gave us little red papers to write questions on. I didn't have any questions, so I turned my paper into a paper boat. This child came over, picked it up, and said, "I like this!" Amused, I said, "You can have it." so he took it, ran back to his seat, unfolded it, then came back to me. By that time I'd made another boat with SA's paper. I turned the unfolded boat into a boat again, and the child took my newest boat. Hehehe. Then we went home. Kbar sent Hbh home first, and then us. The clock read 12:34 am when we walked in. Mom and Dad were still up. We retreated to bed with lightning flashing outside.

Sunday, May 24, 2015
Sunday, we just went to karate. (I'm using my diary for reference. That's all it says.)

Monday, May 25, 2015
S and I accompanied Mum to Bayyinah to attend a brunch. I asked to come because I wanted to see Mom's classmates as much as possible. People made speeches. People ate. And everyone went home early.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015
I don't remember at all what happened. I had English class in the morning. And we went to Quran class.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015
I feel like I'm leaving important things out. Lol. Nothing here either.

Thursday, May 28, 2015
This is the day I last wrote a blog post. What happennnedededdeeded whhy can't I rememberrrr ok well nothing happened.

Friday, May 29, 2015
Ahh. This is where things happened. Mom took us to Bayyinah for the appreciation lunch. Ustadh Nouman made a speech, and then Ustadh Adam talked about each and everyone of the students. After that, everyone began leaving. Asm took us to Jumuah prayer. After praying, I found people and cried on them. XD Elaboration to come.

Saturday, May 30, 2015
I went to the masjid at 11 to attend the Al-Hikmah class. When it was over, I rushed down to the gym to attend the Bayyinah picnic that was to be held in the gym. It would have been held at a park, but with these crazy storms, it was changed to the gym. I went with AZ to the park for a while, and then I went back in and took pictures of stuff. The food truck was outside. The burgers were taking a while to come, and I wanted a burger!!! *stamps foot* XD we ended up going inside to wait for the burgers to come. I thought the burger was worth the wait. Bluh. Then I tried to play badminton and basketball. Either I was born to fail at sports or I need to play sports more often. Hehehe. Then everyone began to leave. I stayed behind cuz I wanted to go to Haaj's house. We prayed Asr, then I walked with Rshd home. When we got there, they told us that everyone was having ice cream at Braum's. I was like, seriously? We just got here and then you wanna go get ice cream? Lel.

So, yea. Auntie Rwyh, Rshd's mom, was showing me something, and Rshd was like, "Hurry up!" and Auntie Rwyh was like, "Okay, okay!" I laughed and said, "Heehee.... that moment when your kids treat you like you're the kid... hehe..." and then Rshd groan-laughed and softly whacked me upside the head. That made me happy because it meant that there was no barrier between us. She could treat me just like another sibling.

When Auntie Rwyh was ready, we went outside, had some car-ride problems, then finally went on our way. I was so indecisive about what I wanted because the menu was unclear. I want to happily squeeze Haaj for ordering for me. I need to regain my confidence, honestly. XD

After Rshd finished paying, she came to me and asked, "How is it?"

I said, "Good.... did you buy it for me?"

"Yup!"

"Thank yoooou!" I gave her a hug.

MKUK was yelling at everybody to go sit down, so we obeyed like military people and sat down. I love you MKUK btw <3 (it was fun breaking the rules and sitting in the food truck with you)

WHY ARE HAAJ AND RSHD SO CONSIDERATE AND AMAZING?! They kept asking, Haaj especially, how the ice cream was. <3 Also, Haaj was watching me eat. I don't like people watching me eat! XD But the fact that she actually cared made me wanna squeeze her again. I was actually taking my time eating it, and I didn't realize that I actually wasn't taking my time. Rshd looked at the halfway eaten cone and commented, "You're eating that fast."

I stared at it and was surprised. N, you eat like a wolf! Stahp.

And Rshd, why even were you watching me eat? OMG!! XD <3 Thanks for caring. Or... just watching food go down my esophagus with your X-ray vision. Bahaha I know your secret. JK lol.

Then I told Auntie Rwyh I had to go to the masjid to attend chill sess. It wasn't really chill sess. It was a party. Anyway, on the way there, me and Auntie Rwyh talked about weather. Capetown and Bristol are places with pretty good weather. My kind of weather, actually. Sort of. I prefer heat over cold, no rain. Capetown and Bristol have mild weather. Nothing is ever in the extremes. When Mom told us we were gonna move, I was like, "no, everything's dangerous there! the weather's always in the extremes! in summer it's reeeeally hot, and in winter it's reeeally cold. It's dangerous!" But Mom didn't listen and we moved anyway. I shoulda tried harder. Nah, actually, if I did try harder, we never would have moved here and I never would have met Rshd's awesomesauce family. So, uhh. Yeah, back on topic. At the chill sess party, we played charades. We tied. Always when we play games at chill sess and we're on teams, we tie. Lol<3 Then, we mostly just ate and talked.

Sunday, May 31, 2015
Mom's grad day!! We went to go pick up SA and her sister MA. At the building, I mainly just showed everyone how weird I am, and I ate a banana nut muffin. I ate a banana over the trash with Haaj, who was peeling an orange. S came to me and said, "Bruh, why do you keep ditching us?"

Wiggling my eyebrows, I replied, "Cuz I got too many friends." ;)

S grunted and went back to SA and MA. Then me and Haaj went to talk with SA and MA after we finished our food. We talked about the time me and Haaj first met. I said something like, "I remember my mom asking me, 'N, do you want to be friends with Haaj?' and I was like, 'Who's Haaj?'"

Finally, everyone filed into the seating room, where we sat down, listened to people talk, and be'd bored. I was bored until the spotlight shined upon the students. After it was all good, we were allowed to go up to the front and see people. A Qalam student was hugging Mum, and I came behind Mum and said, "Mum, I'm here!" And Mum didn't realize, until the Qalam student said, "Aren't you going to hug your daughter?" And Mum was like, whaddya mean bro, then she turned around and saw me. She squeezed me until my ribcages interlocked. The floodgates opened. Then we wanted to take pictures. We took liek a million. Then I found Rshd on the stage, who made me cry too.

Finally, after praying Dhuhr, we went outside of the sitting room and decided what to do. SA took a picture of me and my family. But ooh I just realize now that our family picture should have consisted of Haaj's family. Cuz blood makes you related, but loyalty makes you family. <3<3<3

After someone took a pic, Rshd rushed over and said, "Wait, I want to take a pic with N!" So Mum took our pic, and then Haaj thrust her phone into Rshd's hands and said, "Let me take one too!"

I was like, "Wait, you and me?"

"Yes, duh!" she said. "We have like one or two pictures where we look stupid!"

LOL. S heard that and commented, "Story of my life."

We took the pic and then we went to the door of the building to leave. I was hyper and saying weird stuff like I needed to get my boody on and that doesn't even have a meaning. SA was like, "Someone's hyper." And I told her in a Southern accent, "Yuup! Ah towldju socialahzing makes meh haiper!" (I told you socializing makes me hyper!)

So we went to Jimmy's Burger and had chicken fajitas because Jimmy's Burger actually serves only chicken fajitas and Italian ice but they call themselves Jimmy's Burger because they know people like burgers more than fajitas. Just kidding that ain't true. And I dunno if I ever had a chicken fajita before because I just eat and don't really consider the name of what I am eating unless it's really good and I want to try making it later.

I ordered a normal burger. I sat with MA, SA, and S at our own personal table. While we waited for our food, we talked about random things, laughed about random things, and basically didn't care what everyone else thought about us 'cuz we're weird and we know it. Some guy came and served us Italian ice. He brought three mango-flavored ones and one Pina Colada. The rest of the squad greedily took the mango flavored ones and the guy was like, "You can take this one or I can get you a mango one if you like."

Pina colada? Not my kind of thing. "I want mango," I told him. So he went off to get it. I don't know why, but I laughed about something so hard and for such a long time. I thought everything was funny. I think it was a result of my hyperness. I couldn't even EAT properly cuz I was laughing. MA said something like, "If you get drunk on lemonade you're going to go somewhere." and I, still hyper, still drunkly laughing, said, "Where? Jail?" And she laughed so hard.

I only managed to eat half my burger. For some reason I was full. And I hadn't had much food at breakfast time or in the morning. FAST FOOD YO GITTIN ME FAT LIKE TTTHHHHIIIIISSSS

The waiters got MA's order wrong. So we got a bunch of free food. XD MA was like, "This restaurant is mean! They want me to get fat!" (Cuz they also gave her a random orange Gatorade bottle in size big.)

On the way back home, I seriously needed to pee, and inconveniently, SA and MA were talking too much and making me laugh, which I tried to NOT do because if I did, the lemonade would LEAK! (You know what I mean, right?) Geez! We sent those two chatterboxes home and then went home and changed and prayed Asr, and then went back to the same hall to attend Story Night by Nouman Ali Khan. I was kinda tired and bored and tried to sleep, but Nouman gave enough breaks to not let me sleep. He said if he saw a head flop sideways he would give a break, but he never gave a break no matter how many times my head flopped!! Oh well, it was a good story night. And a good day.

Monday, June 1, 2015
I dreaded this day since I'd had that dream on hijaamah day. Haaj's family was going back to the UK after nine short months of Bayyinah Dream. Yup, that's what I'd dreamed about. A terrible dream that came true. Except not exactly the way it did in the dream. THANKFULLY. XD Dreams are so annoy.

I stayed up after Fajr cuz I wanted to go with Mom to take the family to the airport so I could let the floodgates open again. I ate my other half of regular burger from yesterday for breakfast and some fries as well. Then we had to leave at around 7:45. We were in a rush. In the process of getting ready to go, I heard a knock at the door. Who would knock at this time of day? I wondered as I opened the door. I saw no one at first. Then suddenly, our neighbor appeared from nowhere and asked if Mom could help jumpstart her car.

I was like, bruh. But I told Mum, and then we rushed outside, and the neighbor jumpstarted her van by herself with the help of our van. Lel. Then we were on our way. Auntie Rwyh, Aas, and AZ came in our van, while the rest piled into two other vans. I wanted all of them to come with us, but unfortunately, our van cannot fit that much people. ;_; However, it was worth it with just Aas and AZ, 'cuz Aas kept talking and AZ said, "I'm going to miss you, N." And I wanted to hug the cuteness out of him, but we were sitting next to each other, and sideways hugs are weird. And Aas saw this tall contraption and asked me what it was for. "It's the place where they launch UFOs," I told her.

She asked me what UFOs were.

"Unidentified Flying Object."

She thought I'd said something else, and it took me some time to tell her what UFO stood for. Then suddenly, it hit her. "Ohhhh, you're lying!" she said, and began to giggle. I couldn't stop laughing too, and said, "UFOs aren't real!"

Then, unfortunately, the ride had to end because we'd arrived at the airport. We boarded off our vee-hickles. Auntie Rwyh took her luggage out of our trunk. Aas gave me a hug, then Haaj came to hug me too. Then I gave the rest of them hugs, and only when Hsnh came to me I began to cry a little. Mainly because she was crying too. She told me "Don't cry" but it was too late cuz she was crying already. They were all about to go, when all of a sudden, AZ came to me with outstretched arms. I wanted to melt, but I picked him up and hugged him hard enough to satisfy me, but soft enough so as to not kill him. Ummi came by and saw and said "Aww!" Then I put the kid down, and he ran back to his family, dropping his little caterpillar pillow in the process. Immediately I picked it up and returned it to him. Then I went to sit in the van, and Ummi drove us away from them. I watched them until I couldn't see them anymore.

I remember when I first met that family. Aas and Y were the first ones I talked with. It was at a picnic with the Bayyinah people on Eid al-Adha. I was with my friend Sel, and we were watching Aas play in the sand with some other little girlies. Sel had heard Aas talk with her UK accent, and squealed about how cute it was. She kept asking Aas questions, and Aas said, "You're just trying to make me talk!" Then Aas didn't talk anymore after that, although Sel kept pushing her. Y came by, and Sel asked him, "Is the girl with the cute accent your sister?"

Y pointed at Aas and asked, "Her?"

"Yeah," said Sel.

"Yeah," said Y.

And when I first met AZ, I thought he was the cutest child I'd ever met. Then suddenly, he seemed like a pretty bossy child, and I was worried we'd never be friends and I didn't want that because I wanted to be his friend because he is so dang cute. Alhamdulillah I'm his friend!!! <3

Anyway, more stuff happened on this day, but I'm tired of writing, so I'll continue in another post. 

--

Thanks for reading, y'all! I'll post more happenings later, in shaa Allaah.

[This post is dedicated to Rshd, Hsnh, Thkrh, Haaj, Y, Aas, AZ, MKUK, Auntie Rwyh, MA, SA, S, and Mum. <3]

Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts