I Know It Isn't Thursday But May I Do A Throwback?

I was writing a story on Google Docs based on my previous life, like all authors do (well, I don't think they use Google Drive), and since it is based on my previous life, I did need valid and true written records to refer to. (Did I word that correctly?) So, in order to find those kinds of records, I typed up the URL to my old but most favorite blog, Just Remember. I did write my story according to a certain blog post (sort of... kinda tweaked it up), and then, I guess I got distracted by remembering what really happened, and wishing I could relive those moments, wishing I was back in my previous life (my previous living area), and regretting that I didn't relish those moments as much as I should have. Or maybe I was just tired of writing? Evidently not, since I'm typing this up right now... but anyways, I couldn't help reading through that old blog and missing everything. My house. My friends. My memories. Five years' worth of memories. And oh, the pictures I used to upload and post so willingly. I actually had my own camera back then and didn't even respect it! And my writing style! So immature, yet so comfortable to read, knowing how young I was, how mature I wasn't, and just... how... oh God, I just got a deja vu. I miss my old home sooo much!! What can I do about that now that it's miles away? I am not the kind of person who will willingly go with the flow of life. I go back. I reflect. I cry, laugh, fill with rage. And even though I know very well that I can't go back right now, I'll always try to go back later. I know I am in my new apartment, in a different state of America, in a different maturity state, in a different age, and of course a different outfit, but as I think back to the good old days, my obvious surroundings kind of fade away, and I'm reliving the good days. The good days can only last so long until I snap out of it, or somebody else does that for me. I do enjoy my new friends. I love how we're all so close. But sometimes I feel, everything is too new! Too modern! My old life was cozy, sweet, and peaceful! I want to go back! I need to go back. Back when I didn't know or care about the purpose of hashtags. Back when I was obsessed with Google+. Back when I hung the laundry out on the clothesline. Back when we played tennis at the park every Sunday morning. Back when I had easy access to a playground where I could get fresh air and work my body. Back when we had Girls Club meetings. Back when I was afraid to bake. Back when life was good.

I have to go back.

Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts