Ouch

Last Friday, I volunteered with a group to go fix up a neighbor's backyard. We started by pulling giant stone bricks out of the grass and laying them in a pile. Under the rocks were a lot of worms, which was really fascinating to see after so long. It's been a long time since I've been in dirt and grass with all types of wildlife. Wish I could do that now, but my current circumstances can't offer much. Anyway, my brother lifted up this really stubborn stone, and under it I saw a bunch of beetles, roly poly bugs (I forgot their actual name), and this thing that I thought was a giant thick worm but was ACTUALLY a tiny snake!

"Snake!" I began yelling.

I told my sister to pick it up, and she held it only for about two seconds before it began thrashing around. All the little kids came over to see, but the snake wriggled away. 

Anyway, after that, I was jobless like a man at a soup kitchen in 1934, so I tried to find something else to do. I was finally assigned the job of trimming a tree that hung over the fence. The trimming tool (no idea what it's called) was really heavy, but I'm part Herc so I was able to handle it. I was told my artistic  spirit was now put to work, but my finished product never ended up looking appealing. Then I was told to cut the giant cactus, and I tried to, but then the trimming tool got all sticky with the water from the cactus and it didn't work out. So we just left it alone and I tried to find something else to do. 

Sister SZ said we could climb over the fence so we could strengthen it with rods and screws. It was really fun to climb over the fence. Slamming the rod in was a little difficult, mostly because I'm an Asian shortie, so SA's brother did it instead. When that was done, we girls did the drilling. 

In the middle of our drilling, or when we were about done, we were told that the food was ready. S and SA ran around the house, but I climbed over the fence just for the fun of it. We ate pizza and cookies and sammiches and chips, and then S drove us home.

And I'm suffering to this day with aches from hoisting those heavy stone bricks and the leaf clipping thing, hence the title of this post.

Until next time! ;P

Comments

Popular Posts