Now That I Found You

Joke's on you, I found nobody. Simba's Pride, anyone?

"Now that I found you... love will find a way."

That song is actually the reason behind my blog name. Please look up "Love Will Find A Way."

Anyhow, LISTEN UP! My life is going to get so much better in the upcoming weeks! And why?

1. We're visiting back to my past hometown where my best friend lives THIS WEEKEND for THREE (only) DAYS! I AM SO ECSTATIC OMG (I wrote this with a straight face)
2. We're moving into a house and out of this horrible apartment with annoying neighbors! Whee!
3. I've been broke since the middle of the semester (*cough* vending machines *cough* Subway) but my wallet has refilled because I am selling Malaysian pins! Whee! No, I'm not going to tell you how much I have.

This past weekend, we did a lot of cool things! Let's start from Thursday, May 19. My sister and I left the house at 6:30 to go to SA's house to fill up water balloons because the next day for our youth program we would have a water balloon fight!

The next day, I had to wake up really early to make breakfast for a friend of ours who was visiting. While my mom and sister picked her up from the airport and showed her around, I was at home making brownies and pancakes (ideal breakfast items, I know). When they came back, we ate breakfast (very late breakfast, like at 10) and then Mum took me to a co-op school where they were having a workshop by an author for Muslim lit. (And by lit I mean literature. I don't give a care about whatever lit means in this generation.) I really loved the workshop and I actually regret not talking with the author afterwards. She had so much confidence even though she had a tough life. She still wrote her books through all of it. If you're interested, look up Jannah Jewels by Umm Nura. (The author isn't Umm Nura. Umm Nura created the series, but the visiting author helped write some of the books. Hope that makes sense.) After the workshop was over we went home and rested for a bit and then we went to Jumuah prayer (which was the first time in a long time. Probably like three months). After Jumuah we took our friend to a restaurant and ate burgers. THEY GOT MY ORDER WRONG. MY DRINK ORDER. I ASKED FOR VODKA BUT THEY GAVE ME TEQUILA. Kidding they gave me mango lassi instead of their strawberry sunrise drink. I didn't finish my burger and I felt really sleepy so as everyone talked, I took a nice li'l nap until they decided to leave. Mum sent me home first so I could chill and then they finally came home and my sister drove me to SA's house to pick up the water balloons. Then we went to the masjid, prayed Asr, and took everyone straight to the park. The fight was very short-lived and I got soaked, although I didn't expect to be. SOME PEOPLE decided to dump a whole tub of water on me. *cough* S and MA *cough* After the fight, we cleaned up and took everyone to SA's house to change their clothes. Then we went to the masjid, prayed isha, found our family, and went home.

The next day we attended the IlmFest conference which lasted the whole day. I can't say much about it because that would have to go into an entirely different post, but let me just say that you must ALWAYS keep your shoes on. And don't be sockless at Starbucks. Especially if your socks have little pink roses on them. Yeah, no, none of that.

The day after that, we went to Z's Sunday school graduation. It reminded me of the one last year, and I couldn't believe how fast the time had flown. Just a year ago, he'd graduated as well. The Sunday school had grown so much during that time. (Oh, and they displayed a video after the presentations showing how the year went and when it came to the part where they showed how much the Sunday school had grown I cried a little bit.)

Oh, and just a year ago was also the first time I went to Six Flags. With SA and her family. Oh, boy. Gone are those days...

I miss my friends. The sad thing is, they do not. No one deals with emotional constipation (Tarzan reference) like me because they're all friendly and talkative and they've never experienced the feeling of being third-wheeled in EVERY SINGLE FREAKING TIME WE MEET. They always take selfies without me IN FRONT OF ME with literally no shame at all and when I see them on Instagram I sometimes fail to keep my hurt feelings inside me. And my followers don't even comment on my posts! They comment on each others'! EVEN THOUGH WE'RE ALL SUPPOSED TO BE FRIENDS!!! I really feel like I should block them so they'll stop following me because I'm pretty sure that's what they want to do as well yet are too afraid to do so. Life lesson: If someone hurts you, erase them. From. Your. Life.

Anyway, this wasn't supposed to end on a negative note. This weekend, I'm going to see my REAL friends.

Until next time!

Comments

Popular Posts