Refugees, Weird Weather, and a Busted Thumb

Ughhhhhh something is wrong with me.

I'm always yawning, even in the daytime. I've been drinking water to help myself feel awake, but it didn't work. I think I have some sort of weird case of excessive fatigue. And it may have to do with my diet. I'm doing everything else right. My diet is probably the answer. I cannot remember the last time I felt like I was feeding off of energy.

I GOOGLED MY SYMPTOMS! And apparently, I either have a sleeping disorder called sleep apnea, or I'm suffering from depression. It seems more likely that I'm suffering from depression, because the only sleeping disorder I suffer from is insomnia. I feel like I need to see a therapist because all the sources I found told me I had to go to the doctor.

THE DOCTOR IS YOUR ONLY SOLUTION.

SATURDAY, 20 FEBRUARY 2016
Our local masjid was hosting a day providing food for refugees. My contribution to the event was a volunteer. S and I went at 10 am and began setting up the multipurpose hall. We set up tables. The other girls put up a banner. Then the refugees came and I welcomed them at the door with another volunteer named Hbh. I went to go get a donut for myself and Hbh, and then we got tired of being doormen and looked for another job.

Hmm.... I remember walking everywhere and doing random things. We posed for a few pictures. We supervised the bouncy houses. Some people with cameras came over to film stuff for a documentary. Protesters came with American flags and one shotgun. I was really sweaty and my thumb got busted.

Oh, yes. My thumb got busted. Some kid threw a basketball in the air right over my head as I was passing by, and I held up my hands to protect myself. The ball hit my thumb and my thumb felt like it was on fire. Then I looked at it and it was BLEEDING!!!! My friend went into doctor mode and said it would bruise for a couple of days and to put ice on it. It hurt for like thirty minutes and then it only hurt when I applied pressure.

We stayed there for eight hours and returned home sweaty. We took cold showers and ate ice cream.

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2015
This day was the total opposite of the previous day. It was gray, gloomy, rainy, and cold. And how convenient, because we were supposed to go to the park with our friends. So we went, ate food, walked around for a bit, and then we prayed Asr at the masjid. We went home early while the rest watched The Good Dinosaur. I did my homework and ate ice cream.

Texas has weird weather.
~

In speech class we've begun to do group projects. Our project is to make a skit about people arguing and solving the problem to stop the argument. What my group decided was to have a parent teacher conference, where a parent is called into the school because of her child's bad behavior. The parent believes her child is an angel and starts arguing with the teacher. Then the principal comes in to calm the argument down. So far that's all we've got. My group members treat me as the group leader. Just yesterday one of them told me, "I'm just going to listen to you and do what you say because you're smart and you know what you're doing." I told him, "I actually don't...but, okay, let's get started..."

In English class, we wrote midterm essay #1. I chose to write about the disadvantages of smartphones. I took about an hour and twenty minutes. I hope we get more interesting topics next week.

THE BUG EXTERMINATION IS OVER!! And our lease ends in April, and I'm so excited to leave this place. Seriously. I really hope we get a nicer house soon. God willing.

Whaaat else... oh, my busted thumb is doing okay now. There's a scab under the nail, so it looks like there's dirt under the nail but it's actually just a scab. I HOPE IT'S NOT PERMANENT .-.

Umm umm umm... I feel like I should write more because I haven't updated in WEEKS!!! OH YEAH! So last weekend we went to a tulip field in a city that was an hour's drive away. Entry fee was 2.50 per person. We took an hour to choose tulips, take pictures, pick our tulips, take pictures, get our tulips wrapped up, and take pictures. [They're all dead now]

I chose a pink tulip, Z chose a red one, H chose a red and orange one, S chose a dark purple, Ummi chose a light purple/pink, and she chose a white one for Dad because he didn't want to choose. Digging the tulips out from the dirt was difficult because the bulb was so deep in the dirt and the dirt was cold.

After that, we went to UNT for a tour. Only Mum and Dad and S went on the tour so H, Z, and I walked around the campus by ourselves for TWO HOURS. I sat on a bench swing and I almost slept, but then Dad called me and then we went back to the building.

Then we drove to a masjid and prayed Dhuhr, and then we went to a store and then we went home and relaxed for the rest of the day.

OH YEAH AND FOR THE ENTIRE TWO HOURS THAT MY FAM WAS ON THE UNT TOUR, THE TULIPS REMAINED IN THE BURNING HOT VAN AND WILTED!!! WHEN WE GOT HOME WE PUT THEM IN JARS OF WATER BUT THEY STILL WILTED SO WE GOOGLED STUFF AND BY NIGHTTIME ONE OF THEM WAS BACK TO NORMAL AND IT WAS REALLY COOL BECAUSE I MADE DUA TO ALLAH TO MAKE THEM PERK UP AGAIN AND THEY DID!!!

Okay. I'm done for today. Byeee!

Until next time! :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts