A Positive Outlook

I've decided I'm going to look at things with a more positive outlook. Yeah, I know what you're thinking, it's cliche and a lot of people already are or should be doing it. To be honest, it's an on and off thing for me. I do my best to be positive and then something brings me down. I allow something to bring me down, rather. I then go back to being positive. But people like you better when you're happy and positive. It isn't like I'm trying to please anyone; I'm really not, but what's the harm in people liking you for a good reason? As long as people don't like me for trivial reasons like money or a temporary fill to a void. Life is easier when you're happy.

I've just really been allowing myself to drip into negativity. It's not easy to stay out of it, given my circumstances. But we're going to try and avert our attention.

On the bright side, I drew a comic in 2 days, for my Instagram webcomic @shorterinperson. I've been submitting a comic to a local newspaper every month so Alhamdulillah it keeps me active on my account.

We've started writing a second book for The Two Lights. If we stick to our schedule the book should be published before next Ramadan inshaAllah.

About two weeks ago, I baked and decorated a cake perfectly for my first time. It's really not as easy as shows and videos make it look. But I found it to be satisfying and rewarding so I'm making a new one today.

Y'know, the best moments in life are the ones you keep to yourself, so that's what I'll do. Perhaps I will update soon when I have something to say.

Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts