Day 155 of 366

I'm a hilarious writer. Or, I used to be. 

The looming rise of capitalism threatens and forces me to look for a sustainable means of living, and it doesn't make the search easy. I'm fully aware the government wants to cleanse the population of people who can't make it for themselves. The only numbers they care about pertain to the green dough. Anyone who can't contribute green dough will most likely be found in the streets of downtown Dallas, forbidden from public restrooms unless they can exchange a few bucks for a cruddy burger. It isn't right. But it's not new. It's just one of the fish in our big fry skillet. 

As such, I've found myself in and out of undesirable working positions. Having a job is something to be grateful for, for sure. But not when your well-being as a human isn't taken good care of. Perhaps some of you are aware I used to work at a now-boycotted establishment and switched to a non-boycotted one, although for different reasons I would also encourage a boycott. However, that's a story for a different time. 

Through looking for ways to make it in this capitalist world, I have expressed to a confidante that nothing seems to be working out for me, and, being the trusted companion that she is, she provided me with an array of writing opportunities that offered sustainable compensation. Heck, I'm willing to write my will and my most embarrassing secrets if it'll get me the big bucks. I'll foolishly sign my name on a contract to lose my voice for a pair of legs, since everything seems to cost an arm and a leg lately. 

Among the writing opportunities presented to me, The Hungry Typewriter was my first target. As usual when applying for a writing position, a few examples of past and ideally recent writing examples are requested. I don't have many I'm proud of, but luckily such a predicament is simple to solve, especially when you are a writer. A hungry writer, in this instance. Hungry for money. Hungry for comfortable living. 

I always need to let employers know that I am a published author. Writing skills are a great tool for the box, but what use are they without public proof? I provided the Amazon link to my published book in the field for writing examples, as well as a recent post from this blog that I was proud of. I tried looking for more well-written posts that didn't contain destructive ranting or a word count of less than 300. During my search, I found an entry dating back to the year 2015, telling of a funny experience from one of the more recent times I visited Malaysia. I always find myself laughing at my old writing, not because I am a hilarious writer, but because I remember what I found funny back then which tickles me today. New readers will probably not find my previous entries as funny as I find them. But the challenge is open to all. 

I feel like my writer's stomach is satisfied. Should a remarkable event arise warranting a written memoir, I will return to fulfill such a wish. 

Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts