A Post With Yet Another Random And Meaningless Title

I've been up since about 6:30 am.

And I want to go back to bed.

But I can't do one thing at a time. I like to multitask.

Correction: I have to multitask.

I'm saying I don't want to go back to bed and just lie there. I just have to do my writing, while eating, while talking to a friend(s), while doing other various things.

Anyways, here's the story of today. (January 9, 2016)

After Fajr prayer, I lay in bed under the sweltering warmth of two fleece blankets and a comforter. However, I didn't go back to sleep. As the sun rose and the room slowly but surely brightened, my sister S squirmed and fidgeted in her own bed across the room, emitting the breathing sounds of a sleepy person who of yet does not want to leave her bed. The alarm on her phone then blared away, and my ears cringed under the annoying beeping sounds until she turned it off. After a minute or two, she rolled out of her bed, making the mattress creak as its burden was lifted. She left our room to wash her face, and returned to brush her hair. Then, once again, she disappeared into the shower. Oblivious of the fact that she had left our door open, I lay in bed trying to beat a frustrating level of Candy Crush [AKA the best mobile game in the world. Seriously, I'm addicted to it. (PLAY IIIT)]

My heart jolted as I heard the door of my parents' room suddenly open, and I heard my dad brushing his teeth. "N, if you want to come with us, siap," said Abi. (siap = Malay word for get ready/prepare)

I craned my head to look at the hallway. "Where?" I asked.

Without a reply, he walked back into his room, and came back out, still brushing his teeth. "Sprouts," he replied before going back into his room to spit into the sink.

(Sprouts, by the way, is the most amazing organic/healthy food store ever. Actually, Whole Foods wins first place. Especially if they still serve free samples. Free cheese samples.)

"Sprouts?" I said, throwing off my blankets and vaulting out. No, I did not crash into the floor or roll over my toes. I went right to the bathroom, washed my face, and brushed my teeth. My brain alternated between staying home and going, but in the end I went, because Sprouts sells organic lip balms with natural coloring, AND it gives away free coffee in the coffee aisle. Those were the two things I was looking forward to.

Finally, after a cup of orange juice, I followed S outside in the cold windy air to the van. I stood outside while she unlocked and started the vehicle. Finally, Ummi and Abi piled in, and S drove us out of our complex and on the highway.

I seriously thought we were going to die at one point during the whole trip. I barely said a word, and I do not know why. I was mostly staring out at the cars beside us and I tried to see the cars in front, but the driver seat was in the way. I was also thinking how cool it was that S was driving on the highway, where there are no stoplights, which equal to no stopping, meaning no safety.

Cool is an understatement. Fascinating? Appalling? Amazing? What's that word for something that can be cool and dangerous simultaneously?

Anyone?

Okay, well, she drove us to Sprouts, and Abi and I got off. Our first stops were the "On-Sale" carts, which are carts that nobody pushes, and carts that people are allowed to take things from. Ummi looked at some containers of licorice and candy. In the other carts were pie crusts, chocolate truffles, disgusting-looking pumpkin syrup, and et cetera.

I immediately grabbed the pie crusts and made that weird sound we all make to indicate we want something. Ummi asked the price of the pie crust, and I found it. Ninety-nine cents. Yaaaasssss, I thought, and hoped Ummi would say yes.

She gave me the green light. "Can I get two?" I asked.

After getting two pie crusts, we took one container of chocolate truffles, and then went to go find the rest of our stuff. We went straight for the nut aisle, where you can scoop a bunch of things into plastic bags. There're oats, dried apricots, chocolate covered cherries, chocolate covered almonds, chocolate covered raisins, chocolate covered walnuts, chocolate covered frog's eyes... you name it! Ummi was about to fill a bag, but then she said, "Oh! I need to go look at Z's ubat. Do this while I go get it."

I didn't want to get the nuts by myself, but I had no choice. So I took the bag, held up the cover of the nut container, and picked up the scoop.

Is all that possible at the same time with two hands?

Well, let me tell you. The lid of the nut container would not stay up by itself. The bag needed two hands for it to be opened properly. But I only have two hands, so I tried to keep the container open, hold the bag, and pour in the nuts all simultaneously. I did okay in the first two scoops. But on the third one I scooped too much and nuts spilled everywhere. And just at that moment this woman came beside to take a bag. "Oops," I said quietly in case she might show some sympathy. But no, she didn't. She walked away to get what she wanted. Whatever! I thought, tying the bag up quickly and throwing it into the cart. Then I hurried to hide find Ummi.

How does Ummi usually fill the bag all by herself? There's practically no way to do it! I was so terrified someone would come and find me after seeing what happened on the security cameras. I went to go and hide casually walk in the other aisles while I waited for Ummi to HURRY UP AND GET THAT MEDICINE. She took for-eeeevvss. But finally, she came and put the medicine in the cart. "Did you spill the nuts?" she asked.

"Yeah," I said.

We went to go get other things, and I then asked, "Do you get in trouble for spilling the nuts?"

"No."

Whee! My heart lifted. "Good," I said. "I've been trying to hide for the past few minutes!"

During the whole time we were shopping, I passed by the coffee aisle to see if I could get any coffee. But there were always people there! And I wanted to get my coffee by myself. And if I dared to go in there with all the others, they'd all think me too young for coffee anyway because my face is fat like a baby's.

So, sadly, I did not get any coffee during the whole shopping trip, and I really needed some because my throat was dry and all I'd had for breakfast was a cup of orange juice and some fried rice with egg.

So, after our things were bagged, we left the cash register, and then Sakinah called Ummi's phone. She said Abi had just dropped her off at the masjid and that he was coming back to get us. So we waited in the cart area, by the automatic door, for what seemed like AGES. People came in and out, some staring at us, some smiling, and some making it obvious that they were Islamophobes. It was SO AWKWARD and there was nothing to do! I wanted to eat one of the chocolate truffles, but Ummi said not now because someone might think we stole them even though it was obvious we already paid for them. We couldn't wait outside because it was cold. We basically had no choice.

It was the perfect time to go back in and get a coffee--stop right there. Go back in? And arise suspicion in the store staff? No way eh.

And then finally, FINALLY, Abi called and we saw the van coming down the road. Ummi and I walked out into the biting cold and loaded the van up. Then we got the heck out of that place.

Someone had invited us for lunch at her place that day, so right when we went home, we prayed Dhuhr and made some garlic bread with sauteed mushrooms in butter. Then we went to the house, talked with the li'l ones, ate food, and also ate a really delicious cake brought by one of the guests. I don't usually like chocolate cake, but this one was special. It was moist and had a good aftertaste. Typical chocolate cakes are basically just normal cake with cocoa inserted, so they really don't taste like chocolate. The cocoa just colors the cake what we all consider the color of chocolate. A chocolate cake is not a chocolate cake until you actually taste REAL chocolate within the cake. My ideal chocolate cake would be a chocolate colored cake WITH melted chocolate inside. And perhaps flavored with raspberry or orange extract.

Anyway, we finally went home, and then I typed up this post. But I was pretty tired at the time, so I left this post for the night and decided to post it today on this evening of January 10, 2016.

Thank you for reading! Please pray that I don't fail in my dual credit classes, because my teacher got changed to one with a low rating. She sounds strict, and with strict ones I don't do well. I usually try to be best friends with all my teachers, but some just don't click. Like my bio teacher. She made me sweat. Even though she was an online teacher.

Anyway, bye.

Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts