Where Is My Social Life? [PLEASE READ] (NOT A SELF-HATE POST)

I mean, do I ever write self-hate posts? Also, hi, I think this is my first blog post of 2018. Y'all probably unsubscribed or thought this blog was done for. I thought so too, but here I am. Only because I can't decide on which book of mine to write. I'm not in the mood for any of them. But I wanted to write something, and my blog is always the best place to go when I don't know what to write.

Anyway, I really need an actual social life. Being social isn't all about receiving a ton of messages and DMs everyday, or having hundreds of followers on all the platforms, or reaching a certain number of likes on a post. Being social is using your communication skills and abilities to physically interact with people. The term 'social' has been altered over the years as technology came into and thrived in our current lives. It was pretty cool at first, let's not lie, but that didn't mean it would make a positive effect on our lives. I mean, cool, we could have an 'in-person' interaction with someone from countries away via FaceTiming. Texting got a hundred times faster with a full-fledged keyboard on a touch screen instead of writing letters or pressing number 6 two times to get the letter N. And there are tons more examples of ways technology improved our lives that I don't and may not even know about yet. It definitely made our lives easier, but it made many other things a lot more difficult.

Like what, you ask? I understand, implementing technology into our lives was like discovering air travel back in the day. Well, to start with, it's a lot more difficult to get our butts out of our comfort zone and actually forget about our social media platforms and all the notifications we're going to get. We find it uneasy to attain motivation to do anything productive, even to eat and go to the bathroom.

We find it difficult to keep up true friendships. We think it's rude if we are left on read or seen, and think our friends don't love us as much as we thought. Only because they left us on read. Whereas in a real life conversation, we wouldn't see that as rude. No one should feel obliged to reply everytime the other person says something. The conversation has to end at some point, and when it does, no one should be offended. Unfortunately, these days we take being left on read as offensive.

Social media is not what it's made out to be. In the words of Prince Ea, it's anti-social media.

Anyway, time to go and post about this to show my 177 IG followers the light.

Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts