Game of Life

My blog right now is probably in its worst state. I have three drafts which aren't making it to publication, and I haven't been posting any life stories despite everything that's been happening. But now that I'm officially on winter break, I hopefully can throw out more stories here. Where to start...?

Breakfast of the day: Two half-sandwiches with hazelnut spread
Current outfit: Pink T-shirt and fluffy gray pants with white hearts
Current time: 10:11 AM

Also please listen to this song: https://youtu.be/ags3ycwl_Sc

Let's see where we left off.

In my last post, I said I'd come back "tomorrow" but guess what? I never did. I must not have said InshaAllah. Wow, it's been nearly a month since I posted that.

Well, let's jot down the summaries of what I need to talk about.
  • The SD Card Fiasco
  • Professor Byron's Card
  • ICNA highlights
  • Mistress of Ceremony
  Let's begin with the story of Professor Byron's card.

TUE, DEC 5

Before I get into this story, I feel like I need to mention what happened the Thursday before. Long story short, I didn't have my final portfolio ready on the due date, and Byron had to print my prints for me and lend me a binder. And when I got to leave he said I owed him one. "Yes, I do," I said, with a nervous smile before leaving.

With that said, let's now get into this story. Since that happened, I'd felt obliged to make a thank-you card for Byron. Over the weekend, I made one, and was planning to have all my classmates sign it. I walked into the classroom, somewhat hunched over, looking out for Byron.

"Is Byron here?" I asked in a low voice.

Jessie, Jenny, Nancy, and Juanita were there, but Byron wasn't in sight. So I hurried over to the middle table where they were placing down the dishes they'd brought.

"Hey, I made Byron a card, and I want y'all to sign it," I said.

"That's awesome!"

"You're so sweet!"

I got everyone else to sign as they walked in, but the problem was, Byron came in later and didn't leave. So I had to discreetly pass the card around under the table to everyone as we ate. Juanita helped me get the last two signatures. And after we showed each other our portfolios, Nancy mouthed to me "the card" and Maylanie called out, "Hold on Byron, we got somethin' else for you!"

And I held the card high in the air. Byron looked at it, trying to comprehend the situation, and then I got out of my chair and walked over to him, people clapping as I did. Amanda said "happy birthday!!" as a joke. Byron said his thanks and I said "I owe you one, remember?"

Well, there we go for story #1. Tomorrow I'll be back! InshaAllah.

Actually, let me tell you about this week so far. Yesterday, I went to Z's co-op party. They had an international day brunch. Sis Z is moving to Canada, so Sis Sab sent S and I out to go buy gifts for the kids. S was told to find a teddy bear at Michaels, which I ridiculed, since I know Michael's very well. It's an arts and crafts store, how is someone supposed to find a teddy bear there? Sarcastically, I criticized this continuously throughout the trip. Long story short, we bought a little notebook from Daiso and a teddy bear from Michael's.

After making trips to Half-Price Books, Ross, and Hallmark. I wonder what everyone thought of two young adult ladies looking for teddy bears. 

Then we went back to VRIC, ate the brunch, and played around with the kids. Z had an allergic reaction close to the time we needed to leave, so we went to Walgreens, got him some benadryl, and gave him a full recovery treatment at home. And around 6:15, S took me to the women's fitness class which usually takes place on Mondays but I never got to go because of school and homework. But now that school is over I can attend karate classes at the dojo twice a week, excluded from ladies only class with Miss Becky. Usually, I go to karate class at the dojo only on Thursday evenings. The women's class takes place on Monday and Thursday evenings, and since Mondays were my longer days of the semester, I was always too tired or too busy to attend karate.

Anyways, I went there and we had a great workout. Then I came home and watched a movie with the fam until bedtime.

Today, I went to the humane society and spent time with some adorable friendly kitties. Then around 4:40 the family went to play tennis at a nearby park. I invited my friends Sunshine and Peanut to come and they actually did lol, thanks guys, except there weren't enough racquets for everybody. So I gave my racquet to Peanut and Sunshine took the racquet that's actually mine (the one I gave to Peanut was H's, H wasn't there, and the one Sunshine had was in the car). So in the end technically they both used my racquets which makes me feel honored lol.

And that's all for today!

Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts