Yeah, Write

Good thing I said "who knows" because I didn't come back since my last post. We are now a week into 2022. Nothing interesting has happened so far, except for right now I am a little congested. The temperature dropped from 80s to 40s-30s, so my hands are a little too cold to write. I haven't opened my laptop since... wait. WAIT FOR IT. S... S...

...SINCE LAST YEAR!!! HAHAHAHA.

So I opened it today with the intentions of working on writing, which I haven't done in a while, and lately I am very inspired to get my projects out there. I just don't have the means or motivation for some of them. I'm taking a break from drawing right now, but I still need to do something creative, so writing is the only other thing I prefer to do. Unfortunately I also need to draw and write for my "jobs"; one of which is an illustration job with someone who has just way too many requirements and is irritatingly nitpicky. I need to finish everything for that job by the end of this month. My other job requires writing worksheets for my students. I really don't enjoy it and the pay is very low, but I need it until I can find something better. 

Anyway, lately everyone asks me what I'm up to, and I really don't know how to answer that. I usually just say either "nothing" or "teaching," then make up a story about how I'm getting my life together. That's not entirely true, but for the sake of conversation I always find myself forcing myself to say things I don't want or need to. Really all I'm up to lately is watching horror videos and playing Animal Crossing, but I also want to be "up to" writing. Making this blog post is training and a set up to get me back into the groove and learning how to form sophisticated sentences, although non-fiction memoir writing differs vastly from fiction storytelling. 

I still need to make a post about the rundown of 2021 events, but that post will not be this one. Before I can line back up with present day, I'll need to cover last year. So...


Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts