Stop the Tape, and Rewind

*crawls out from beneath massive, boulder-sized, extremely hefty emotional baggage*

Well hello.

It's been nearly two years.

Wait. *counts* Yeah.

Considered never posting here again for a number of reasons. I posted some... personal dank stupid stuff on this blog that I'm not totally comfortable with the entire world knowing... but hey. That's why there's a delete button. 

See, the way I see it, I wouldn't be too embarrassed about what I was like in the past, because what matters is how I am now. I'm on fleek now. I'm not nearly as stupid now. Yeah, in pictures from 10 years ago I wore glasses and had no fashion sense and had chubby cheeks and was ugly and petty and immature but that's all in the past. What matters now is that I'm not like that anymore a changed man. I'm trans. I've learned a lot of things. I've learned makeup and fashion. Oh yeah and I guess I learned about being a good person and not being childish but pfpthfhffhpthp anyway. 

I'm not trans btw that was a joke-

Wow where was I going with this? Oh. Yes. So with that being said, let's get into what happened ever since January 2020. Holy fire truck, this is gonna be a rollercoaster. But wait until you hear about 2021. :)

JANUARY 2020
The previous post is correct, we had some friends over from out of city and I made flower crowns at a park with my friends. NEXT

FEBRUARY 2020
Ah okay so um. I remember nothing from this time. MOVING ON

MARCH 2020
So this was when all hell broke loose. And so did something else. A virus, traveling by the name of Corona, tried to (and accomplished its task quite successfully I might add) go around the world in less than 80 days (sorry Phileas Fogg). I remember the very day it was just beginning to brew. I had seen posts on social media about something called Covid-19 and thought it was but a meme. Alas. 

We had friends over to make steamed buns. We didn't have enough yeast. My sister went to the store to buy some more, and the stores were full of people clearing the shelves of toilet paper and cleaning supplies. Anyways, we made the steamed buns, and time came around for me to go to karate class. I was going to go with a friend, and she called me and said she wasn't going to attend class but she was willing to still take me, as long as I had a ride back with someone else. So I went with her and there were hardly any students there. We had class, and then I went home with one of the instructors. Well, not to their house, but to mine, obviously. 

I remember around this time I had been planning to do something with my friends for spring break, but now that couldn't even happen. Let's just say the entire month of March that year was #cancelled. 

APRIL 2020
When you're at home all the time against your will, what can you really do besides write a story about the voices you hear and the visions you see in the yellow-colored paper that covers the wall? 

Ah, The Yellow Wallpaper. You know, I like that story for the one reason that I presented it with a group at school with partners who ACTUALLY cared about the assignment and DID their part. I made a post about that, somewhere within the ruins of this blog, if you care to look for it. 

My point is, nothing interesting happens when you're home all the time. I can safely say I did not step outside for a week at a time. Yikes. The only way I can remember what happens at any time in my life is looking at pictures on Snapchat. I just type a month with its year in the "Search Memories" bar and find what I'm looking for. 

At some point I do remember mass crocheting up to 33 face masks for a friend's entire office and getting paid a pretty envelope for my labor. So, that happened. I think my school also held Chalk It Up during this month and I drew my entries on the back porch like a sad gremlin and then took pictures and tagged my school on Instagram. I nagged my friend to participate as well, and it was looking like she wasn't going to be able to since she works until 4 and the lighting wouldn't be good for pictures by the time she finished drawing. So the school posted two of my submissions along with someone else's and asked viewers to vote. But my friend sent hers in suddenly, on sketchbook paper instead of a sidewalk (which they said she could do) and they took down the voting story and posted a new one with her drawing on it. And guess what? She ended up winning 2nd place, and I placed 3rd. Imagine if I hadn't nagged at her to submit something. I would've had a better chance at winning given that they put both of my drawings up for vote. 

MAY 2020
Ramadan began at the end or in the middle of April. I remember I was pushing myself to draw something everyday of Ramadan. That's kind of all I remember from this month. 

JUNE 2020
I BECAME AN AUNT TO MY BABY NIECE!!!!! okay that's all I don't really care about what else happened this month

JULY 2020
The only thing that happened during this month was like, Eid al Adha. Which is great. But depressing. Frickin' Covid. 

AUGUST 2020
Oh yeah, during June and July I believe I held a creative writing class for some children. Also overlooked and helped with a children's spelling bee. Snagged myself an illustration job after that. Anyway, I also began teaching something else this month. English grammar to 2nd graders. It's a job that I still have and really want to quit, but money tho. 

SEPTEMBER 2020
Yet another uneventful month... well, made some friends online and joined a Discord server, but that's not really exciting. Oh actually at the end of the month I did a birthday photoshoot because...

OCTOBER 2020
...because my birthday is on the FRICKIn first day of this month!!! It was officially my Taylor Swift birthday. The lovely day began with teaching my students and my lovely nose having a lovely bleed in the middle of class. Like gee man, didn't know it was that time of the month. After class, my sister came over with baby and bro in law, and she had dressed up baby in pink just for me :) I did my makeup because I was gonna go out with my friend for some free birthday shiiii. We got pizza and breadsticks from Little Caesar's, then had a little picnic and gift-opening at the park. We headed back before it got dark, and I gathered all the gifts in my room for a picture. Everyone else prayed while I put the baby to sleep. And then my sister left and that was that. 
We also carved pumpkins this month and got boba afterwards phtphtphpthhhhhh next!

NOVEMBER 2020
Listen. All that happened was I helped volunteer somewhere, and got sick afterwards. Was it covid?

DECEMBER 2020
The test results showed that IT WASN'T COVID. WOOOOOOO!!!! But the sickness friggin hurt. Thankfully I haven't been sick since. :)

:)

...WAIT UNTIL YOU HEAR PART 2: 2021! 

I have to prepare for class tomorrow. It's been a cold and depressing Thanksgiving break and I spent all of it relaxing. Eeek. It's 12:17 AM and a dead band is singing in my cool earpods. I feel like I just time traveled while I told you all about my 2020. No worries. I'm back now in 2021. I'll catch up in another post. Want to say tomorrow but who knows, I might disappear for 23 months again, who knows. So...

Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts