Pressure

I love going to school. I've mentioned this so many times. And I thought it was perhaps because I had easy classes and nice teachers, but there's so much more to the fun of school than just those aspects.

At school, I can wear whatever I feel comfortable in without feeling out of place or feeling like I'm being judged. I can be myself without feeling like I'm going too far or without worrying about being ridiculed by anyone. Literally nobody cares and everyone appreciates each other for their differences. It's nothing close to what I experience at my youth group gatherings. I always feel pressured to look nice at those meetings, just because everyone else is so hung up on commenting on each others' clothing. What makes it worse is that we're all girls, so commenting on clothing is basically part of our instinct. I don't feel free to act like myself at those meetings, because most of the girls put on that "mature/ladylike" appearance, so I feel trapped within myself because I can't let myself go. Another thing is they're all close to my age. I don't do well with people close to my age. I can do either much younger people or much older people, two different age ranges in which I can act like myself without being judged. Younger people enjoy it when they see you can still enjoy things and have fun just like them, so they're naturally easier people to hang out with. Older people typically enjoy the company of younger people, because it makes them feel young again, and it brings out their childish side which they constantly have to hide in order to show that they're "acting their age."

You're probably thinking, "What about those people who you consider your friends? Your real friends? Aren't they close to your age?"

Yes, they are. But they don't judge me for being me. They like me for me. They never ever judge me for what I wear and how I act. I never feel pressured to act formal around them.

That's why I like school so much better than being with my youth group people. Literally no one cares.

Oh, don't worry, youth group people. I love some of you.

I find that most of my friends are quiet, reserved people who think they are losers. Well, friends, let me tell you this: Being your friend makes me feel like a winner.

Until next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts